Club World Cup

NotInHere

Barcelona better be angry with themselves after these last two(not counting the leverkusen one cause b players) tied games where they should have won and murder these club teams..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
River plate still gonna play with japanese team on december 16th, but it's most likely they'll win. Why is Evergrande disgusting?

They are like the City or PSG (no offense to our PSG fans on this forum) of China. A team is built with nothing but money. The owners are disgustingly shady (by the way the main owner, Xu Jiayin recently went to Madrid to meet with Florentino to setup some sort of joint venture with Real Madrid. No wonder. ;) Those two truly belong to each other.) and they constantly bloat about dominating domestic Chinese football and stuff. And prior to the recent Asian Champions League final game, they swapped their main sponsor's name (Dongfeng Nissan) with a life insurance subsidery of their own company's name on their jersey and they so blatantly defended themselves even though they clearly breached the contract.

A thoroughly disgusting team. Most Chinese football fans outside of that team's fanbase don't like them. And they want to play the Chinese card? They put the Chinese flag on their jersey this time but heck, they don't represent us at all.

Ubermensch

They are like the City or PSG (no offense to our PSG fans on this forum) of China. A team is built with nothing but money. The owners are disgustingly shady (by the way the main owner, Xu Jiayin recently went to Madrid to meet with Florentino to setup some sort of joint venture with Real Madrid. No wonder. ;) Those two truly belong to each other.) and they constantly bloat about dominating domestic Chinese football and stuff. And prior to the recent Asian Champions League final game, they swapped their main sponsor's name (Dongfeng Nissan) with a life insurance subsidery of their own company's name on their jersey and they so blatantly defended themselves even though they clearly breached the contract.

A thoroughly disgusting team. Most Chinese football fans outside of that team's fanbase don't like them. And they want to play the Chinese card? They put the Chinese flag on their jersey this time but heck, they don't represent us at all.

So you are a Chinese citizen or a foreigner living there? As far as I know, many Chinese fans do see Evergrande as their national icons. Even the richest man there, the owner of Alibaba, is a shareholder of the club. Is it true?

khaled_a_d

So we play this Guangzhou Disgusting team and if we beat them we meet the River Plate in the final?

Most likely ,but it happened twice in last 5 tournaments that the S.American teams good beaten in Semi's ,though in both cases it was by African team
2010 Mazembe has beaten Internacional and 2013 Raja Casablanca (Hosts) has beaten Atlético Mineiro .
I would obviously be happy if all we had to do is to play against couple of Asian teams to win the tournament

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So you are a Chinese citizen or a foreigner living there? As far as I know, many Chinese fans do see Evergrande as their national icons. Even the richest man there, the owner of Alibaba, is a shareholder of the club. Is it true?

Beijing-born, Beijing-bred here. I wouldn't say Evergrande is a national icon because it is a tainted one and it is just one of many clubs in China, and happens to be the most successful one mainly because of the amount of money the owners poured in. It has a lot of supporters in Guangzhou and the province it is in, but you will hardly find any supporters outside that region. Yes, right now many Chinese fans are supporting its CWC run because they think it represents Chinese football. Bah. That is tribalism to me.

Yeah, Ma Yun, the founder of Alibaba has 40% share of that club. One more thing that made dislike that club, personally.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
This Sanfrecce Hiroshima side who is playing their third game in the last couple of days is absolutely dominating River Plate. 4 massive chances bottled. River Plate is lucky to still be in this. I'm feeling sad for the thousands of River fans travelling this far just to see this. Heard some sold their cars, getting loans etc. to travel to Japan.

Darko

Beijing-born, Beijing-bred here. I wouldn't say Evergrande is a national icon because it is a tainted one and it is just one of many clubs in China, and happens to be the most successful one mainly because of the amount of money the owners poured in. It has a lot of supporters in Guangzhou and the province it is in, but you will hardly find any supporters outside that region. Yes, right now many Chinese fans are supporting its CWC run because they think it represents Chinese football. Bah. That is tribalism to me.

Yeah, Ma Yun, the founder of Alibaba has 40% share of that club. One more thing that made dislike that club, personally.

:amazed:
Why the hell did I think you were German all these years... :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
This Sanfrecce Hiroshima side who is playing their third game in the last couple of days is absolutely dominating River Plate. 4 massive chances bottled. River Plate is lucky to still be in this. I'm feeling sad for the thousands of River fans travelling this far just to see this. Heard some sold their cars, getting loans etc. to travel to Japan.
That's just crazy!!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

That's just crazy!!

I wouldn't be surprised, after the world cup a lot of argentinians were stuck in rio because they didn't have a single peso left to go back, the embassy had to organize buses for them.

They are absolutely fanatic about their teams, all of them, from boca/river to the last team of 4th division.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wouldn't be surprised, after the world cup a lot of argentinians were stuck in rio because they didn't have a single peso left to go back, the embassy had to organize buses for them.

They are absolutely fanatic about their teams, all of them, from boca/river to the last team of 4th division.
Well I guess I now understand better why Diego is God for them and Leo is not so much admired! Their love towards their team and desire for them to win it all outweighs their objectivity perhaps? Because, selling cars, taking loans, etc to attend a freaking football match are not very family-friendly ideas!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Well I guess I now understand better why Diego is God for them and Leo is not so much admired! Their love towards their team and desire for them to win it all outweighs their objectivity perhaps? Because, selling cars, taking loans, etc to attend a freaking football match are not very family-friendly ideas!

Definitely wouldn't put it past them, when I was leaving in buenos aires I had 4 friends that had their team's badge tattooed on the chest, and i'm not even talking boca or river, but teams like Huracan, Estudiantes etc .. that never ever ever win anything and play horrible football.

Truth though is they talk a big game but they don't know much or care that much even about football, most of them wouldn't even watch the champions league or a world cup game that didn't have Argentina in it; so I don't really consider them football fans, more fans of themselves and the team they like, but football in general nope.

On an unrelated note :

CWWHO1QW4AEXLyF.jpg:large

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans