Van Persie

Robbie

I'm okay as long as he doesn't join another English club. I'm sick and tired of selling our players to City.

We get weaker, they get stronger, and out board members get rich.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I have a feeling he'll end up at Milan... Possibly for free next summer. Their negotiators scare me

Robbie

From a great article about RVP: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/49f4621a-aab2-11e1-9331-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1wbHGtyBk

“When I was young I wore a tracksuit every day. I did my shopping with the ball, I went to school with the ball, I did everything with the ball,” he said. “Other boys would take the tram, but if I went to see somebody I’d put on my tracksuit, get the ball and go off dribbling. It goes much quicker, too, because you’re busy with something. You see someone walking along the pavement and you think, ‘Hey, an opponent’, and by then you’re already past them. You’re always busy controlling the ball. If you go to the Kralingen neighbourhood in Rotterdam, just ask how I used to do my shopping there. I used to drive the grocer there crazy. Even in the shop I’d juggle the ball, on my feet, my knees, and then someone would walk past and I’d put the ball through his legs. Thinking back, it might have been extreme. But really, I’m still a bit like that. Funny, isn’t it?”

You really get an insight into how he became the player he is, and what he thinks of his teammates. The reason he doesn't do so well with the Dutch NT makes sense too. According to him, Robben/Sneijder put him through on goal about 5 times during the whole world cup, while Cesc would do that at least 5 times a match. Check out the article if you can spare a few minutes. It's worth it.

B

Biscuits

it is weird that spending all that time with ball at his feet he turned out closer to Andy Carroll than Robben

Robbie

RVP and Robben are both very similar. World class dribblers who can't stay fit :p

234343_o.gif

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Robin van Persie will not play for another English club if he does happen to leave Arsenal according to his father.

"“It is impossible to go to another English team,” he told Mundo Deportivo."

Superfly

Banned
Bob van Persie (father): "Barça? Messi's there, wouldn't make sense to join them. Madrid? That's not a team, but a group of stars" [panenka]

Bob van Persie :worthy:

Robbie

Sport.es is as bad as Marca. If RVP was really in Barca, it would be front page on every sports paper in europe and all over twitter

Home of Barca Fans