Van Persie

F

Flavia

Rvp is a douche, and that foul was nasty. I really don't care if he intended to injury Messi or not, it was a terrible tackle, he should shut up and stop trying to justify that.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Have you ever heard of Mistiming a tackle? He didnt go in to hurt Messi ffs. Stop saying it if its proven fact. Its all very well pausing it there, but it was happening at lightning fast pace, a half a second out and thats what happens. Bad tackle? yes. Awful, intended Leg Breaker? No.

I see you only looked at the picutre. You clearly haven't watch the video! There is nothing mistimed about it! follow the video link to Youtube and watch it! It is a nasty tackle! Nothing mistimed about it! The ball isn't there one second gone the next and he's come in late! There is NO INTENTION to win the ball. Watch the video!

Bergkamp10

Its accidental. He goes to go after the ball and the ball goes away and the foot he was trying to get the ball with catches Messi. It was a yellow and accidental.

He has every right to argue the second yellow for his red though.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Its accidental. He goes to go after the ball and the ball goes away and the foot he was trying to get the ball with catches Messi. It was a yellow and accidental.

He has every right to argue the second yellow for his red though.

LOL Not a chance was it accidental. Double Click on the video link and watch it on youtube. Skip forward to 25 seconds and play from there. I reckon you have your gooner tinted shades on if you still say that it was accidental and mistimed.

iced1776

Good lord Hatem Ben Arfa trolling hard at the moment. Were Arsenal taking turns chipping at Messi to throw him off? Yes, and I really hate that tactic. But did Van Persie go in to break Messi's leg? Stop being ridiculous...

Hatem Ben Arfa

Good lord Hatem Ben Arfa trolling hard at the moment. Were Arsenal taking turns chipping at Messi to throw him off? Yes, and I really hate that tactic. But did Van Persie go in to break Messi's leg? Stop being ridiculous...

No I said it could have resulted in such a terrible injury had his standing foot been completely planted! Not that he inteded to inflict that serious an injury as a break. I believe he intended to hurt him enough so that his game is affected or that he has to be substituted! That's why I am incensed at his comments about how he can't understand why Barca players were 'nagging' and surrounding the ref after that "tackle"!

Don't try and twist my words so that it suits your intention to have a go at me; all because of what I said about Villa in another thread.

Last edited:

Bergkamp10

LOL Not a chance was it accidental. Double Click on the video link and watch it on youtube. Skip forward to 25 seconds and play from there. I reckon you have your gooner tinted shades on if you still say that it was accidental and mistimed.

And you have your anti-RvP tinted glasses on if you say that was a deliberate attempt to seriously hurt Messi. I'm pretty sure it was you that said there was nothing wrong with Barton's 'tackle' on Diaby which was far worse than the RvP foul so stop talking about 'x tinted glasses'.

W

woobie

Do I think Van Persie is a douchebag? Yep.

Do I think he intended to injure Messi? No.

X

xaviniesta

thats why i hate epl. the foul that we see here as a potention legbreaking tackle is in epl just a regular foul...you know there are a lot other games where you can do those things...

Bergkamp10

thats why i hate epl. the foul that we see here as a potention legbreaking tackle is in epl just a regular foul...you know there are a lot other games where you can do those things...

It wasn't a potential leg breaker though... It was a bad foul and a yellow, nothing more.

gingerless

Do you think Van Persie was right with this statement? Yep. :p

oh the irony....

again with this complaining thing though, seriously why is it that people get frustrated to the point they have to mention that barcelona players complain a lot to the ref? what the fuck??? i really don't get this... it really just seems to me like they don't have anything better to slant them on so it's this usual bs "they complain to the ref a lot"

Bergkamp10

oh the irony....

again with this complaining thing though, seriously why is it that people get frustrated to the point they have to mention that barcelona players complain a lot to the ref? what the fuck??? i really don't get this... it really just seems to me like they don't have anything better to slant them on so it's this usual bs "they complain to the ref a lot"

It must be annoying if you're on the pitch though. I hate it when players surround the ref and influence his decisions. Chelsea do it all the time and it's really annoying.

Hatem Ben Arfa

And you have your anti-RvP tinted glasses on if you say that was a deliberate attempt to seriously hurt Messi. I'm pretty sure it was you that said there was nothing wrong with Barton's 'tackle' on Diaby which was far worse than the RvP foul so stop talking about 'x tinted glasses'.

LOL watch the video from 25 seconds onwards! You seriously telling me RVP did not mean to hurt Messi at all? That he was going for the ball :lol: It's clear he's not going for the ball so what else is RVP trying to do? :lol:

seriously from 25 seconds onwards, what is your running commentary on his challenge? You still say he tried to get the ball and was late? If you do, I'm sorry but I believe you have Arsenal tinted sunglasses on m8.

As for me saying Barton's tackle on diaby was fair..... I said the initial tackle was fair but the force of the follow through was reckless and Diaby could have had his leg broken and that Barton could easily have seen a red card on another day!

You've never heard of a reducer tackle in all your years of watching football? A challenge designed to hurt the most skillfull players on the opposing team to reduce their ability to perofrm at the their best, or even better force them to be substitued! It is a tactic Van Persie and his teammates employed in the World Cup final (De Jong & Van Bommel in particular) and I will not put it past RVP doing the same to progress to UCL 1/4 finals.

That's just my opinion on the matter. You disagree with me and think I'm wrong. Fair enough m8.

X

xaviniesta

It must be annoying if you're on the pitch though. I hate it when players surround the ref and influence his decisions. Chelsea do it all the time and it's really annoying.

what else do you expect from them when game after game every single team are tring from start to finish literally to kick them out of the game???

and btw, you have much bigger problems to solve than the ' ooh, i don't like when they surround refs after fouls...' arsenal need their fans more than ever now and they waste all their time on this nonsense, which is leading them nowhere. sad....

Home of Barca Fans