Van Persie

Andrewwatts

Chelsea fan, no particular hatred to any clubs so that is a completely unbiased view but he surely must look at the Chamakh situation and re-consider

Chamakh and Giroud are completely different, most fans knew chamakh never had a good goal scoring record but was signed to give us another dimension up-front, air ability and holding up play. Giroud is good in the ground and the air, good finisher and strong

Bergkamp10

I don't understand why Giroud wants to go Arsenal. Look at the situation with Chamakh, who was brilliant at Bordeaux. Going to be the same situation IMO

Yes, because EVERY striker who plays in France is like Chamakh.

BBC say Giroud is being signed to play alongside RvP. With Bendtner, Chamakh and Park all leaving, we needed Giroud regardless of RvP's future. Podolski is not going to play upfront, he's Arshavin's replacement.

As I've said before, I fully expect RvP to remain an rsenal player whether or not he signs a new deal. If he does stay then leave in 13/14 then Giroud will hopefully be ready to replace him.

Lucas_1993

Yes, because EVERY striker who plays in France is like Chamakh.

BBC say Giroud is being signed to play alongside RvP. With Bendtner, Chamakh and Park all leaving, we needed Giroud regardless of RvP's future. Podolski is not going to play upfront, he's Arshavin's replacement.

As I've said before, I fully expect RvP to remain an rsenal player whether or not he signs a new deal. If he does stay then leave in 13/14 then Giroud will hopefully be ready to replace him.

I am sure Giroud is not going to play alongisde RVP, Wenger will not change his formation for Giroud. Chamakh was a quality player at Bordeaux, even his goals was not as good as Giroud's. I personally feel RVP will leave but if he doesnt I only see it as problems for Giroud.

@Andrew but I still can't see him being in the starting 11 whatever, as Wenger will still use 4-2-3-1/ 4-3-3 unless he is planning on having RVP behind him :shh:

Bergkamp10

He's not going to play alongside him, he's going to be backup. We need a backup striker and have done for the past 18 months. Chamakh was okay at Bordeaux not great. In his best season, he got 11 league goals whilst Giroud got 25. They're not similar at all. The only similarities is they're tall and we signed them from the French champions. Chamakh's problem was attitude. That's why he didn't succeed. More interested in partying than playing. He's also pretty average which doesn't help.

Great goal tonight RvP :worthy:

Andrewwatts

I am sure Giroud is not going to play alongisde RVP, Wenger will not change his formation for Giroud. Chamakh was a quality player at Bordeaux, even his goals was not as good as Giroud's. I personally feel RVP will leave but if he doesnt I only see it as problems for Giroud.

@Andrew but I still can't see him being in the starting 11 whatever, as Wenger will still use 4-2-3-1/ 4-3-3 unless he is planning on having RVP behind him :shh:

Signing a big, marquee striker like Giroud may indicate that we don't intend for him to be a bench player, so occasionally playing 4-4-2 would best use his skills instead of keeping him on the bench especially against weaker teams.

Robbie

RVP is on the verge of a breakdown. A really big injury is on the horizon... People are forgetting that he's made of glass, and that he played almost every single game this season. To top it all off, he's going to an international tournament when he should be resting. Even if he stays, Giroud and Podolski should prepare themselves to play up front centrally, because RVP definitely won't be repeating last season's numbers.

M

mitkoa7x

I took Lucas_1993 for Viva at first, quite the coincidence with the avatars :pep:

Robbie

Wohoo! RVP had a shite tournament AND didn't get injured :beer2:

Time to come home and sign a new contract :wave:

Robbie

Been here for 8 years, but spent 7 out of 8 years sitting in the treatment table half the season. When the club sticks by a player through thick and thin, they expect something in return. I was ok with Cesc leaving because he carried us for 8 years... whereas the club carried RVP until this season

Home of Barca Fans