Van Persie

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Difference with RvP and other players is that he's an actual Arsenal fan and has been since he was a kid. If he goes, he goes abroad. Also have it on good authority that Arsenal will not sell to Man City, relations aren't great between the clubs.

Also been told that Arsenal will keep him even if he doesn't renew. Risky but I can see why they're doing it.
If City come with a 45m cheque they will not think twice.

Yugo Count Dante

City would be stupid to pay big money for RVP, but then again they don't care about money.

I don't think Robin wants to play for City.

AsPP96gCEAAGgkh.jpg:large

:lol:

Viera is like 'We got this'

Last edited:

Bergkamp10

I don't really care if you believe it or not. It's a fact from someone I know and trust who has an impeccable record when it comes to Arsenal.

Bergkamp10

@YugoCule no 1 wants to play for City until they are shown their wage package when most of the players don't hesitate to join them.
@Bergkamp10 it was the same thing you guys said about Cesc and Henry that you would never sell to Barca but they ended up hear and if City want him neither would Arsenal or Van Persie want to reject them.

Erm, no one actually said that. It was generally accepted that Cesc would go to Barca and to a lesser extent, Henry. And if you don't get the difference between selling to Barca and City (play in the same league and have tapped up our players) then there's no point discussing RvP with you.

And RvP would reject them. He's not interested in City. Only Barca or Madrid. I am so confident he won't go to city that I'll take a name change to something spurs related if he does.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if RVP uproots his family from London (where they are very comfortable) it's much more likely he'll leave the country altogether.

I'm sure he'd like to come to Barça, he's always said since he was a kid his dream was to play for Arsenal or Barça, but there's no place for him in the team. especially so when you consider that Neymar is likely on his way. and apart from Neymar I don't see us spending big on a forward in the near future.

Yugi

he should stay next year, Podolski + RVP :wub:
gooners have decent team to choke it all again so let´s hope he stays

F

Flavia

The point why arsenal fans dislike nasri is clear. He changed his "opinion" when he changed clubs, and disrespected his former club too. No need for that. No way to try to hide that saying it's his opinion, it was classless from him. Any fan base would hate a player that did what nasri did.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Look at how Fabregas is handling things. He only ever has nice things to say about Arsenal, but if he was a classless cunt like Nasri, he would be laughing to the journos about winning a trophy in his first match ever for Barca.
If Fabregas laughed about the trophies that he won with Barca... It would be lame tbh

Robbie

Whatever, all the hate isn't doing much good to the imagine of the club, lost a lot of respect for Arsenal with all the hate and whining of their fans.

Certain Arsenal fans tend to present themselves as the epitome of loyal fandom, but really lately nothing but whining of both fans and manager.

Look at the referee blaming after Barcelona games...

'Wenger just told me I should congratulate the referee but I did not run into the ref - so I couldn't do that,' Pep

Btw I could probably dig some more Gael quotes that would be insulting according to your logic.

Yeah there are a couple of tabloids that took an interview Clichy had out of context and tried to make it look like he insulted Arsenal. I read it, and it was him talking about his disappointment with almost getting there but always getting knocked out of every competition. The difference between him and Nasri is the way they left. While Nasri talked shit about the club and fans, Clichy said this:

“I have had eight fantastic years at Arsenal and made many friends,”

“I have so many great memories from my time at Highbury and Emirates Stadium. I would like to say thank you to everyone at Arsenal for all of their support and friendship.

“I also want to send a big thank you to all the Arsenal supporters, who have always been so good to me."

They both left for money and success, but one handled it far better than the other. If it had been a Barca player doing it when you guys were in 5th/6th place a decade ago, the reaction would be worse. Maybe a pig's head would be thrown on the pitch?

Yugo Count Dante

He didn't left to some rival team.... come on

Nasri was two years in Arsenal, Gael was around seven... obviously he had many friends and knew the fans good, duh

I, personally, would be way more insulted by some things Gael said...

---------------
" Thought everyone knew this but apparently it needs to be said. Sun, dailymail, mirror aren't reliable sources so don't use them.
"But I've seen it in other papers too!" We don't care. We don't have time to check every piece of garbage that pops and compare it to reliable sources.
Some reliable news: times, telegraph, guardian (cheers Ed) "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/23/roberto-mancini-training-methods-manchester-city (Ex-coach attacks Roberto Mancini's 'crazy' training at Manchester City)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/13/carlos-tevez-criticises-roberto-mancini (Carlos Tevez criticises Roberto Mancini's training methods 'We are tired but there are still double sessions')
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...hedule-blamed-for-mounting-casualty-list.html (Roberto Mancini has been accused of contributing directly to Manchester City's lengthening injury-list due to the physical demands of his training methods. )
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rigorous-Manchester-City-training-regime.html (Roberto Mancini unrepentant over rigorous Manchester City training regime)

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Erm, no one actually said that. It was generally accepted that Cesc would go to Barca and to a lesser extent, Henry. And if you don't get the difference between selling to Barca and City (play in the same league and have tapped up our players) then there's no point discussing RvP with you.

And RvP would reject them. He's not interested in City. Only Barca or Madrid. I am so confident he won't go to city that I'll take a name change to something spurs related if he does.
The only thing that matters when it comes to transfers with clubs like Arsenal is money,i am sure if clubs are negotiating they'll fix a high price to make the best possible deal and when we and Real negotiate to lower the price city will pay the full money and i am sure Arsenal will not reject it,you should realize there is only 1 year left in his contract so it is inevitable.

Home of Barca Fans