Van Persie

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
It's the cheapest option so not exactly surprising. If Higuaín moves I can see RM going after RvP while we get Adrián.

But if Alves gets sold then we can expect Bale to arrive (sadly). I have a bad feeling of that happening.

Yes, but I am not so sure that RvP is the right solution.

I wouldn't mind Bale if we sell Alves.

Our finishing was poor this season, so I think Van Persie can only help but his durability is definitely a question. I can definitely see it happening.

W

woobie

Keep this guy far away from Barcelona. Would rather over-spend on Neymar or see what Pep could do with a raw young talent like Muniain.

Our finishing was poor this season, so I think Van Persie can only help but his durability is definitely a question. I can definitely see it happening.

Bit of a contradiction between the two statements, isn't there?

DucdeOrléans

Bale? Seriously? You are not English by any chance are you?

Bale is a one trick pony and a very overrated and expensive one. He is not even a left back anymore but a winger. And when he played as a left back his defensive abilities were laughable. You want him to substitute Abi?

RvP is overrated and 29 years old. Throughout his Arsenal years he has been injured as much as he has played (nearly). And most importantly he is used to the loser mentality (just look at Cesc's influnece) at Arsenal and he has an very annoying personality. I don't want him near FCB.

DucdeOrléans

Still overrated. But as a PL fanboy you are probably not able to see that.

He has scored less than one goal every two matches during his Arsenal career and is constantly injured - this season has been an exception.

Before this season his highest number of goals in a season as a profesional (10 consecutive season) was 22 goals....

And now some people are calling him the best attacker in the world (Messi and CR not included of course).

If that's not overrating then I do not know.

And that loser mentality is probably an integral part of him by now considering the fact that he has not won anything in the last 7 seasons. (would fit greatly at Liverpool)

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
And that loser mentality is probably an integral part of him by now considering the fact that he has not won anything in the last 7 seasons. (would fit greatly at Liverpool)
I like him a lot... Definitely not on par with Messi. Close to CR7, he is. He is over rated by the English media, but he is a world class talent.

The fact that he's always been injured, but still he has almost 1 goal per 2 matches ratio in itself should explain you that he is a God awesome striker

Fact that he's not won any thing for the last 7 years will in no way help you decide if he has loser mentality... He's been Arsenal best performer in many of the big games he's been available for the past few years

DucdeOrléans

I like him a lot... Definitely not on par with Messi. Close to CR7, he is. He is over rated by the English media, but he is a world class talent.

The fact that he's always been injured, but still he has almost 1 goal per 2 matches ratio in itself should explain you that he is a God awesome striker

Fact that he's not won any thing for the last 7 years will in no way help you decide if he has loser mentality... He's been Arsenal best performer in many of the big games he's been available for the past few years

Close to CR in terms of quality? Seriously?

How can it be positive that he is injured a lot? Would you prefer a player who scored 12 goals in 13 games rather than a player who scored 26 goals in 50 games for example?

Still he "only" scores 0.40 goals pr. game. That's not much for a player who supposedly is only inferior to Messi and CR...

Yeah, because playing for a team that has not won anything for 7 consecutive years has had no impact on his mentality is that what you are saying?

Superfly:

2qsnyw8.jpg

I know you are a PL fanboy and have an inferirority complex but don't cry. Cesc is still here and Alba will soon arrive.

he will renew his contract and we will be talking about other striker pretty soon.

Hopefully.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

Arsenal are ready to offer a huge signing-on fee of around £5million as well as wages of £130,000-a-week to Robin van Persie. (Telegraph)

Arsenal regard their Plan B as keeping van Persie even if he doesn't renew. That would then risk losing him for nothing next year. (Telegraph)

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Close to CR in terms of quality? Seriously?

How can it be positive that he is injured a lot? Would you prefer a player who scored 12 goals in 13 games rather than a player who scored 26 goals in 50 games for example?

Still he "only" scores 0.40 goals pr. game. That's not much for a player who supposedly is only inferior to Messi and CR...

Yeah, because playing for a team that has not won anything for 7 consecutive years has had no impact on his mentality is that what you are saying?
I never said that him being injured a lot of the time is a positive... I'm not even suggesting we sign him.

I mean Samuel fuckin' Eto'o has a ratio of 0.53 goals per appearance ratio... And he is considered one of the best predator strikers of all time. Thierry Henry 0.47!!
RvP having a 0.48 ratio is damn cool thing considering he's been plagued with injuries his whole career!!

About comparisons with CR7... It's hypothetical. I'd take RvP over CR7 because I've always liked the former, and then he's a damn good player. If not as talented, attribute wise, he at least is a better team player!!

DucdeOrléans

I never said that him being injured a lot of the time is a positive... I'm not even suggesting we sign him.

I mean Samuel fuckin' Eto'o has a ratio of 0.53 goals per appearance ratio... And he is considered one of the best predator strikers of all time. Thierry Henry 0.47!!
RvP having a 0.48 ratio is damn cool thing considering he's been plagued with injuries his whole career!!

About comparisons with CR7... It's hypothetical. I'd take RvP over CR7 because I've always liked the former, and then he's a damn good player. If not as talented, attribute wise, he at least is a better team player!!

Well you made it sound like it was a positive thing initially.

RVP's goal ratio is 0.40 if all games are included (club and national team).

It's only natural that your goal ratio decreases as you get older so Henry is a bad example since his goal ratio was much higher when he was at RvP's age not to mention the fact that he was twice the player. 0.53 vs 0.40 is a pretty big gap BTW. (Eto'o)

In my opinion RvP is nowhere near CR's quality.

But well I have given my reasons to why I don't want the board to sign RvP and why I don't regard him as the best attacker in the world if we exclude Messi and CR.

I think it is fair to say that he needs to actually win something before he can be labelled as one of the very best players in the world. And have more than just 1 season where he scores more than 22 goals. Sure he is a brilliant player but only inferior to CR and Messi as some people claim? No way.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well you made it sound like it was a positive thing initially.

RVP's goal ratio is 0.40 if all games are included (club and national team).

It's only natural that your goal ratio decreases as you get older so Henry is a bad example since his goal ratio was much higher when he was at RvP's age not to mention the fact that he was twice the player. 0.53 vs 0.40 is a pretty big gap BTW. (Eto'o)

In my opinion RvP is nowhere near CR's quality.

But well I have given my reasons to why I don't want the board to sign RvP and why I don't regard him as the best attacker in the world if we exclude Messi and CR.

I think it is fair to say that he needs to actually win something before he can be labelled as one of the very best players in the world. And have more than just 1 season where he scores more than 22 goals. Sure he is a brilliant player but only inferior to CR and Messi as some people claim? No way.
With NT, the ratios stand as Eto'o - 0.52, Thierry Henry - 0.46 and RvP - 0.43
So yeah, it is still not much different. I agree the ratios fall with age, and so they do too if there are frequent injuries!!

No he is not the best player after Messi and CR7... In fact CR7 is not the best after Messi. But that discussion can go on forever! There's no way we can mesure players ability levels and match them one on one!!

We just have to agree to disagree in this case I guess

Home of Barca Fans