Van Persie

Zqa-

I haven't said anything about him bagging goals every other minute.

But one of the most overrated players ever?! Ha ha.. Riiiight. When not injured, and in top-form, he's one of the best attacking players in Premier League.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He's not as bad as people make him out. Has scored some wonder goals in his time, 20 goals this season ( not bad for someone who's not an out and out striker ) and made 11 assists in the Premiership which is the most this season. Not world class but ain't bad.

B

blueduck

I haven't said anything about him bagging goals every other minute.

But one of the most overrated players ever?! Ha ha.. Riiiight. When not injured, and in top-form, he's one of the best attacking players in Premier League.

Arsenal play like Barcelona and they have plenty of chances to score during a game. Van Persie misses ALOT more than he gets on target.

He can hit the ball hard, decent at taking penalties and free kicks scores the odd good goal every now and then. But he is so over-rated.

"One of Best Attacking players in the Premier League" ?? No where near.

Arshavin, Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba, Ashley Young, Valencia, Robinho, Ireland, Gerrard, Modric, Torres and Anelka etc are all WAY better than Robin Van Persie.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Scored twice at the Euros and has 13 goals for Holland in 35 caps. I'm sorry he's not as bad as you're making him out.

Zqa-

Robinho can be the best in PrL, but can as well the worst player of the PrL.

Anywho. You are right, but that is only because Persie never gets a long series of games, because his legs are made of cupcakes.

E

Esteve

He is overrated, in my opinion & as I've said before, he's an injury prone twat.

B

blueduck

Scored twice at the Euros and has 13 goals for Holland in 35 caps. I'm sorry he's not as bad as you're making him out.

No doubt he is a good player, but he is hardly world class.

He would not get into the Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Barcelona or Inter's first XI.

Living in England I always hear Arsenal fans saying he is world class and he just isn't.

Which is why I say he is over-rated. IMO

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Van Persie.

With all this worrying talk of paying millions and millions of pounds for a left sided forward to appease Laportas damaged ego, nobody is linking us to Robin Van Persie who is not only an excellent footballer, but he is also coming to the end of his current contract, with a year left to run.

He may be injury prone, but he won't cost anywhere near the money we would have to shell out for Ribery, Robinwho etc, and he would jump at the chance to play for us.

Henry still has a season in him and therefore it would make sense to have Van Persie and Henry rotating.

Any thoughts?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I just can't see the point of us getting caught up in this seasons transfer maddness. Perez has everything tied down so let us forget about all these mega-names and go off and buy the quality that is out there already.

Home of Barca Fans