Abelardo

KingLeo10

man is saying PSG is the closest thing to innovation in European football.

I mean I don't disagree. 400 M + tremendous wages on 2 players while having little legitimate commercial and historical footprint takes some doing. :nasser:

El Gato

Villarato!
Could you perhaps do us a favor and enlighten us about all those offensive minded managers who won't touch our squad with a ten foot pole?

Some links as proof would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

There is no proof. When did I claim it's a scientifically proven statement? Besides it's common practice that 'absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'. Does lack of evidence for aliens mean they don't exist? You guys are welcome to ignore the take, as usual. I ignore probably about 90% of this forum's users, in one ear, out the other. Don't tend to claim they're wrong when they don't provide unquestionable evidence.
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] just mentioned a factual claim that there are no offensive coaches at that level available and all are busy. Completely valid. Yet it's just as valid that the guys like Klopp aren't willing to move to a project with more resources, (supposedly) more quality (as some are trying to claim) and a bigger institution. Doesn't have to be just out of loyalty or not wanting to abandon what he's building halfway.

Basically yes, it was a bit of a windup comment. EV spackers do this all the time.

Still has a bit of truth to it.

PS - yes, we're part of it. Don't think it's entirely our choice that we're tanking, too much has happened in that April-July period. But we're part of it. I do genuinely feel sad for the smaller teams though. I did wish Marcelino's Valencia would be ones to carry on from last year. Didn't even manage that. And Alaves take their spot? Damn.

Trickykid

How poor we talking tho? If it's 0.5/10 I gotta know since a post that's half wind-up managed to get a certain herd to follow regardless. Gotta know when to tone it down :lol:

I'm sure I could walk into any rival forum and get a decent amount of reactions if I claim their coach, favorite player, maskot, godmother or whatever to be a filthy whore. It still wouldn't make me a master troll...

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm sure I could walk into any rival forum and get a decent amount of reactions if I claim their coach, favorite player, maskot, godmother or whatever to be a filthy whore. It still wouldn't make me a master troll...

Now, now, it's alright man. Just poking the bear.

And the jibe is 10% of the content. All else managed to provoke some thought.

Trickykid

Now, now, it's alright man. Just poking the bear.

And the jibe is 10% of the content. All else managed to provoke some thought.

Thoughts about what? That our squad isn't good enough to attract high caliber attacking minded coaches, because they fear not being able to live up to the expectations of managing the mighty FCB? Nah, I don't buy it man.

Right now it's just a matter of availability of said coaches and not our lack of pull.

El Gato

Villarato!
Thoughts about what? That our squad isn't good enough to attract high caliber attacking minded coaches, because they fear not being able to live up to the expectations of managing the mighty FCB? Nah, I don't buy it man.

Right now it's just a matter of availability of said coaches and not our lack of pull.

Yes, not the expectations tho. More like the amount of effort and patience it'd take from both the manager and the club officials to get the results. Top managers tend to go to teams where they're actually allowed to manage and coach, where they get the time. England is trendy and football culture is more patient. What is considered failure in Spain passes easier in England and there is far more time allowed for corrections.

Trickykid

Yes, not the expectations tho. More like the amount of effort and patience it'd take from both the manager and the club officials to get the results. Top managers tend to go to teams where they're actually allowed to manage and coach, where they get the time. England is trendy and football culture is more patient. What is considered failure in Spain passes easier in England and there is far more time allowed for corrections.

Surely that's the pinnacle of every aspiring world beater coach, though, to show the world that they can handle the pressure and madness of coaching Barça or RM. I don't even know which coaches would fit into this arbitrary category of attacking minded coaches, but I'm willing to bet my left nut that Klopp for example will be coaching in Spain within the next half a decade or so. (good thing I never got around to maintaining the look I told you so-thread)

El Gato

Villarato!
Surely that's the pinnacle of every aspiring world beater coach, though, to show the world that they can handle the pressure and madness of coaching Barça or RM. I don't even know which coaches would fit into this arbitrary category of attacking minded coaches, but I'm willing to bet my left nut that Klopp for example will be coaching in Spain within the next half a decade or so. (good thing I never got around to maintaining the look I told you so-thread)

Maybe. Sure. Not everyone is ambitious though, especially not these days where comfort is more important and more readily available with all the money in the world going into the sport. Depends on whether his ambition and desire for new challenge surpass the feeling of need to change and grow his own legacy. At Liverpool everything is so far on the rise, everything, finances, sporting project.. He seems the kind of guy who isn't phased by frustration of failure (hence doesn't care about losing finals or being massively wrong about player choices), with stagnation and boredom in the same environment. The Anglo-Saxon genes and football culture similarity between England and Germany seems too ingrained with him. I've not yet seen anything from him that would suggest he is the kind that cares for making "his football" known and successful in any conditions. If anything, he seems more culturally conservative and wants to be surrounded by like-minded people who care about what sport brings to the local community than where he puts the club on the all-time great list.

Pep though? Pep is a Latino after all. Ambition, spreading the philosophy is what matters, "converting" people and creating an empire of post-Cruyffian ideology. With any internal individualism getting completely deleted before there's any spawn of rebellion. Need of submissive, raw personalities who have barely tasted victory. I can see him returning to Barcelona within 5 years if there's enough sustainable young talent. If Arthur does basically become the equivalent of 25-26 year old Xavi and there'll be more players to teach and keep his own success going then he will have the building blocks he needs.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Still doing an amazing job with Alaves. :worthy:

Definitely a candidate once the retard is finally exposed and kicked out.

Home of Barca Fans