HOF's worst eleven to wear the Barcelona jersey in this decade.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
It has been close to 10 years that I started following Barcelona and for the larger part of my support, Barcelona werent the team that is so dominant now.

We bought silly, played stupid tactics and hired/fired coaches like it was in fashion. Hence, in order to commemorate this last decade. I present to you- Barcelona's worst eleven players.

Goalkeeper- this was a problem position for Barcelona until the emergence of our current awesome goalkeeper named Victor Valdes. After Hesp left, this position became the graveyard of goalkeepers that thought that they could cut it at Barcelona. The names were big- such as Baia, Reina, Dutruel, Arnau, Enke, Bonano, Rustu, and Jorquera. In these names, the worst player that I have ever seen protecting our goal has to go to Bonano. Roberto Bonano was bought cheaply from River Plate for 1.2m euros however he cost Barcelona so much more by his terrible displays. Brought as a number 1 goalie, his first season included a 4th place finish for Barcelona. One of many players that I was glad to see leave Barcelona when he continued his journey to Murcia.

bonano.jpg

Right Back- This is another position that saw a fair number of failures apart from the class that Puyol and Alves have. Reiziger also did have a claim to fame by occupying this position during his time at Barcelona. These failures included a jack of all trades- Gabri, a player that we love to hate- Oleguer and Italian maestro- Zambrotta. Among these failures, its almost so easy to see which makes the worst eleven on my team and that distinction goes to Oleguer. Oleguer gave any player out there a reason to believe that as long as one is Catalan, he can play for Barcelona. Slow as a turtle with a footballing brain of an Ox, he was awful at everything that he did. Left for Ajax when Alves was brought to Barcelona and managed to get ousted from that team as well. The video below shows why-

[youtube]ai4rN8IGtnE[/youtube]

TO BE CONTINUED.

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
It has been close to 10 years that I started following Barcelona and for the larger part of my support, Barcelona werent the team that is so dominant now.

We bought silly, played stupid tactics and hired/fired coaches like it was in fashion. Hence, in order to commemorate this last decade. I present to you- Barcelona's worst eleven players.

Goalkeeper- this was a problem position for Barcelona until the emergence of our current awesome goalkeeper named Victor Valdes. After Hesp left, this position became the graveyard of goalkeepers that thought that they could cut it at Barcelona. The names were big- such as Baia, Reina, Dutruel, Arnau, Enke, Bonano, Rustu, and Jorquera. In these names, the worst player that I have ever seen protecting our goal has to go to Bonano. Roberto Bonano was bought cheaply from River Plate for 1.2m euros however he cost Barcelona so much more by his terrible displays. Brought as a number 1 goalie, his first season included a 4th place finish for Barcelona. One of many players that I was glad to see leave Barcelona when he continued his journey to Murcia.

bonano.jpg

Right Back- This is another position that saw a fair number of failures apart from the class that Puyol and Alves have. Reiziger also did have a claim to fame by occupying this position during his time at Barcelona. These failures included a jack of all trades- Gabri, a player that we love to hate- Oleguer and Italian maestro- Zambrotta. Among these failures, its almost so easy to see which makes the worst eleven on my team and that distinction goes to Oleguer. Oleguer gave any player out there a reason to believe that as long as one is Catalan, he can play for Barcelona. Slow as a turtle with a footballing brain of an Ox, he was awful at everything that he did. Left for Ajax when Alves was brought to Barcelona and managed to get ousted from that team as well. The video below shows why-

[youtube]ai4rN8IGtnE[/youtube]

TO BE CONTINUED.

"Slow as a turtle and with a footballing brain of an Ox" :lol:

V

Valon

Watch Jordzi come here and claim that Abidal as been the worst LB in the decade, hell he'll say he's the worst LB to play for FCB for all times.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
For me: Reiziger, Oleguer and the principal, Winston Bogarde (until now I don't now what happened in Van Gaal's mind, to want him in the team... :lol:).

IraqiCulé

Reiziger :lol: I almost forgot about him.
I also didn't like Van Bronckhorst at LB.
Van Bronckhorst was a beast and there's no way you can nominate him for worst Barca LB of all time.

Anyway, for goalkeeper, we can also nominate Rustu Recber.

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
As long as no ones say Magical Gudjohnsen ! I'm happy

Rezeiger (the spell check wants me to suggests i spell it - "rejigger" "refrigerant" "Geiger"

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
hleb was not that bad he had his moments bonano was just god awful... oluguer was pretty poor

i think zambrotta was not great
quaresma was waaaaank
maxi lopez was a huge dissapointment after the way he started

santi ezquerro... he seemed to be okay but never really did anything
i always thought victor sanchez sucked
geovanni was wank david sanchez wank
reizinger meu deus....
carlos pena
lolo, pitu, damia, orlandi all players i scratch my head to how they were at barça

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
now, moving onto the center backs and the left backs.

Center Backs- Finding a partner for Puyol was one of the hardest things that FC Barcelona has always faced. Before the coming of Marquez and Pique, there were so many trials that failed which made a supporter like myself literally scream at the telly each time a :marquez: was pulled. Frank de Boer like Puyol was another solid defender but lacked a central partner that he could trust so Gaspart (who else could have been that stupid) bought him many to play with. People currently think that Chygrynsky and Caceres were a waste of 25m and 16m respectively however these guys have a good resale value and a ton of potential. Patrik Andersson did not. Andersson was bought for his ability to provide a solid defence as he had done so for many years of service at FC Bayern. He was in his last year of contract but Gaspart liked to throw money around and bought him for 8m euros, which apparently sounds like the deal of the century however he played a whopping 19 games in 3 seasons. Injuries and being generally slow as a snail made Gaspart look like a twat. He would look more foolish because in the same season, he had bought the "diamond in the rough" named Phillipe Christanval for 15m euros. Less that could be said about Christanval, the better it is. He spent 2 seasons here and played 32 games however for those 2 years, he had the complete misunderstanding of how an offside trap is played or how to actually head the ball away from danger. In fact, youtubing for him gives you one video, thats how rough (I meant shit) he was. Both of these players cost us 0.5m Euros (approx) per game in fees and much more in the heart medication. They were chucked away for a combined value of 0 to Malmo FF and Fulham FC where they both continued their mediocrity till retirement. The best thing to ever come of their transfer was Puyol's introduction to the center of defence so atleast we could thank them for that.

_1972448_christanval150.jpg

Patrikbarca_263909a.jpg

Left Backs- The stability that Sergi, van Bronckhorst and Abidal brought should be greatly appreciated. Every season under the leadership of Gaspart meant a new leftback as if we were some kind of spoiled brat that demanded it. In 2000/01- it was Sergi, 2001/02- it was Coco, 2002/03- it was Sorin. If we werent satisfied with that, academy graduates were drafted to play the much maligned position. For many, Coco was probably the worst leftback that they had seen in the Barcelona shirt and it could be that. He was a party boy, smoked more ciggarettes than the hooker that frequents my neighbours and his injury problems. However, I am willing to look past it all as when he played, he was decent. He really was. One person that I cant give that distinction to was Oscar Lopez. He belonged to the category of Sexy Lopez's that Barcelona eventually finds itself into like Gerard and Maxi. Oscar Lopez was pure shit (for the lack of a better word) everytime that he stepped on the pitch. As a cantera graduate, I had huge amounts of beliefs in him but like Fernando Navarro... he poured water on that. When he stepped on the pitch, he seemed like he didnt belong there much more than Oleguer did and thats terribly insulting. He proved to be once again that being Catalan and playing for Barcelona goes hand in hand. Shipped off to Lazio (who too seem to have a thing for Sexy Lopez's) and eventually Betis where he was thought to have found a home but now plays a second fiddle to a million Betis LB's before him.

10027963_ol.jpg

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Fernando Navarro is/was not bad at all. He's part of Spain's championship winning squad.

Home of Barca Fans