Romelu Lukaku

Robbie

[youtube]yzALQlUCh1g[/youtube]

Lukaku is a monstrous battering-ram type #09 striker. I haven't seen any ball-on-ground skill from him, but he's brilliant at outmuscling defenders and scoring headers. I'd say he's a terrible fit for Barca, but in a counter-attacking team that plays the long ball more often and is strong in set pieces, he would be top scorer. Still with hype you really can't tell how he'll develop. He has just as high a chance of becoming the next Heskey as he does the next Drogba.

Muse23

United good with youngsters? Kidding, right?
I think he'll go to Chelsea. Drogba will leave and Torres is sucking, so they'll persuade him

Robbie

Feel sorry for Sturridge then. He's been on fire this season and will probably end up getting dumped by Chelsea when they sign another multi-million pound striker.

alex 10

This has appeared on FTL, SC and now COYS. It is apparently taken from an interview on Belgian telly:

'Lukaku has a deal with spurs' -RSCA icon
i was watching an interview with Paul Van Himst, a real RSC Anderlecht icon who is still very much tied to the club. When he was asked about Romelu Lukaku's future, he answered that he's destined to leave at the end of the season and that his destination will be England for sure. He then went on to say he reckons it's us he's going to and that we already have a deal with the player and his manager.

Galning

I saw that interview.
He said that his dad probably already had a deal with an English team but he didn't know which team. He wasn't even sure.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Lukaku_Def-Garage-H_500px.jpg

Beeeeeeeeeeast

N

nejcf15

Lukaku- Chelsea have
finished and will pay 21M
plus add ons.

(@marcosilva11 twitter. if u r on twitter u probably know him)

Bergkamp10

Lukaku- Chelsea have
finished and will pay 21M
plus add ons.

(@marcosilva11 twitter. if u r on twitter u probably know him)

There are lots of doubts over whether or not he's a genuine account or not. He claims Arsenal are signing Gervinho on Wednesday so if thats right then Lukaku is going to Chelsea.

N

nejcf15

yeah that MarcoSilva11 twitter acc is fake. he deleted his account today as Gervinho didn't sign for Arsenal.

w/e hopefully I'll see Lukaku on Slovenia - Belgium friendly in August :)

Piqué

Lukaku is an extraordinary talent, just by his physical abilities. He's about 1m93, and 95 kilos, and he has just turned 18. But although he's big & strong, he's also very fast, constantly outrunning defenders. And his technique is fine too (not Barça level off course), good enough to make it on a higher level.

You just don't see that kind of young player every day. Problem for him is that with the transfer amount quoted (about 20M), the pressure on him will be high from the start. And coping with that pressure will be key. He has played almost 2 full seasons with Anderlecht now, so he has already some experience, but he stays an 18 year old boy (trapped in an enormous body).

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well widespread reports suggest we've basically signed him and that he's agreed a 5 year deal, he's also come out in the media and said he's ready for a move to Chelsea. I think it's a decent idea really, Drogba is staying for another season and he's also Romelu's idol. He won't be expecting to start regularly so I think he'll bide his time and learn from Drogba until he's ready to play for the first team, if indeed he becomes a top striker. The fee seems to be 18m pounds too, and he refuses to go out on loan.

Home of Barca Fans