Referees

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Whatever the case, if Alves was slightly offside, then it was "corrected" by Messi not getting the pen.

El Gato

Villarato!
It could potentially be a penalty, would have to see it from a different angle because from this angle and the photo you can only see the knee being sticked out and Messi losing his balance (pretty much the same thing that happens to Di Maria on many penalty calls), but that would make it even more silly since Bilbao was given a stupid offside, not to forget Pique.

Last edited:

veryfatchocobo

Isn't it better for a camera robot to take snapshots of the defensive line and have the two linesmen look at a screen while lounging in front of a screen in the cameramen area? They can raise their flag on their booth seats? I mean srsly. I'm being srs. Reffing is srs bsns. LOL common sense.

gingerless

Isn't it better for a camera robot to take snapshots of the defensive line and have the two linesmen look at a screen while lounging in front of a screen in the cameramen area? They can raise their flag on their booth seats? I mean srsly. I'm being srs. Reffing is srs bsns. LOL common sense.

how are they going to know which footage to use? what if they miss the offside/onside in the picture? or will they be recording the whole time... you have to fast forward to the bit where he passes the ball or what? don't think it's as easy as it sounds.

veryfatchocobo

Here's the deal. On DSLRs these days, the camera can be automatically triggered to take a picture of when a certain color moves assuming the lense sees it. They can use it on the ball. It is easily applied to freezing a video frame when a pass comes through. This would work well especially if the camera is overhead the line with the ball in its site. Manually tracking the defensive line overhead is easy, especially with the tech we have today. If the camera doesn't spot the ball, we can have a second camera tracking the ball to trigger a freeze frame on the camera tracking the line. The TV crew already pay for this technology. Plus, it's not hard. It's just we won't have the split-second flag-raising on close calls. There would be more like a 1-3 second flag-raise, which I would rather have than a wrong call. This would require 1-2 new officials affecting the game course.

There are probably better ways to do it, but yeah. Also, handballs in the 18 yard box can be whistled instantly as long as there's a ref watching the big screen and a couple cameras giving a good view in the box. It would be an instant whistle with those. Same can be applied to freakin' goal line technology. It's depressing to see that the fans have the ability to make the right call instantly (assuming different camera angles to the TV broadcast; look at the England-Germany game in the WC this year), when the refs on the field don't see the blatant stuff. Good thing the England-Germany match was one-sided before the game started.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And we are again being screwed by referees. Last week Messi goal disallowed in Seville and Bojan hacked in the box.
Vs. Getafe clear handball and then a penalty on Villa. No wonder Madrid have 3 times more penalties than us when they make such (intentional) mistakes vs. Barca over and over.
Someone from Barca board should be designated to keep track of those and moan. And then moan some more. It obviously pays off to nag and cry.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Just a confirmation of what many have been saying for years now...Primera refereeing is shite, on top of being heavily influenced by the capital

soarq

That is 3 clear penalties on Messi uncalled so far taking those calls from Real-vs-Rayo game as the benchmark.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's another stat that goes on from Cruyff era. Since then Madrid has 48 more penalties than Barca.

I know most of us say things at the heat of the moment during the games but these latest fouls on Messi in the box that went unsanctioned make you wonder. Rami's challenge at Mestalla directly cost us 2 points.

Home of Barca Fans