Referees

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Was it a surprise that we saw 2 of our players sent off in the very next match after Madrid based press harangue on the refs and Barca.

It depend if you consider it deserved or not (the reds ) ...

I don't think it has anything to do with CR's red card and suspension - but the second red card was a joke, it wasn't even a PK.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Well the red cards werent the problem for me as much as the inconsistent judgement. The getafe player that hacked Andres without the ball should have gone off. Too many yellow worthy fouls were ignored from the ref.

Beast

The Observer
yellows aren't as influential as reds.. if none were sent off we wouldn't have this conversation

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
It happens, usually the ref makes a good judgment. Otherwise he makes a bad or less good one (cause he's human and all) and then it can be in your vaour or not. Those were not in our favour, previous decisions this season were.

As for the reds, Marquez' one was of course stupid but there is a case to red card Piqué. It wasn't a good performance from the ref, leave it with that. Could he be influenced by the villarato shizzle? Definitely, but I rather believe he was not and that refereeing is a hard job. I don't think we would be any better without all the replays.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
yellows aren't as influential as reds.. if none were sent off we wouldn't have this conversation
They can be influential if you got them early on. It affects the way they go about with their tackles. It's harder to defend Messi knowing you're on a yellow.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I don't think Piqué's challenge was a red card offense but from where the ref was standing and with the speed it happened at plus the reaction of the Getafe players I understand why the red card was shown. The penalty was a dive from the Geta player, he clearly slowed down and waited for the slightest of contacts from Rafa before collapsing on the floor, at least the ref didn't get fooled by Rios' comedy dive.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
as I said in the chat, the geta players got piqué sent off.

pussies.

and rafa got suckered by a dive. the poor schmuck.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
be fair, we have got some pretty good decisions when we shouldn't have this year. it all balances out.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
After two reds and two yellows madridistas are STILL complaining that we got help from the refs. I'm not even joking. Go to the comment section on Marca. It's quite amusing. They claim that Messi's goal was offsides because of ibra who was blocking the
goalie's view and was in an offside position. And that Xavi was also offside when Messi passed him the ball on the second goal.

Juan03

After two reds and two yellows madridistas are STILL complaining that we got help from the refs. I'm not even joking. Go to the comment section on Marca. It's quite amusing. They claim that Messi's goal was offsides because of ibra who was blocking the
goalie's view and was in an offside position. And that Xavi was also offside when Messi passed him the ball on the second goal.

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans