• Aguero

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think we'll be seeing any major signing. If I could choose though, I'd take Aguero. He could be a nice left forward for us.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
guardado cause he is perfect on our left side + depor's problems

Andres_Guardado.jpg

and we need a mexican to satisfy nolan's thirst.

J

Jordzibob

if by "improved" you mean "is no longer desperate to show everyone just how super special he is so plays with more freedom, and being the recipient of advice on how every keeper he's gonna face acts when dealing with a striker" then yes, he has improved.

watching him for spain or against spanish teams and you see the real 'nando torres. that one you see in most games for liverpool is an illusion brought on by temporary confidence, slow-witted defenders, and stupid goalkeepers.

villa is ten times the goalscorer, zlatan and drogba are ten times the awe-inspiring force.

and essien would be utter utter failure for barca.

for starters he's not a DM, he's at his best going forward. so playing him in DM is a massive waste. there seems to be this growing notion that any black midfielder who can tackle is automatically a DM. it's not true with keita, and it's not true with essien.

and for seconds, he's a player lacking all manner of subtlety. he's jackson pollock, and we are picasso. he's andy warhol, we are rembrandt. he's banksy, we are gaugin. I mean, you get the point (I'd hope). we already have one un-subtle african, one who is content to not necessarily play every week and is left-footed which offsets the balance of our right-footed midfield. essien's better than keita, no question, but considering we use keita as an option, something essien wouldn't be because of fee and reputation, it doesn't work.

as usual, jordi, YAWRONG.

I voted for villa in the poll but arshavin is fast reminding me why I was desperate for us to sign him last summer. what a player.

I disagree. Are you saying his statistics are an illusion then? If your going to generalize all Premiership defences like that then your placing other good players from the Premiership in the same boat, Henry was amazing in England and really has flopped in Spain, does that mean his statistics are an illusion? Your a Man Utd fan, Torres took Ferdinand and Vidic, arguably the best CB partnership in the world last year, to pieces, this year and last. Along with their "stupid" goalkeeper Van Der Saar. Premiership defences are imo harder to play against than Spanish ones, I'm in favour of La Liga obviously, but physically Premiership defences just have the edge. Lets not forget he also mauled Real Madrid and Inter Milan in a Liverpool shirt. He's not playing in the Championship, he's playing in the second best league in the world and 61 goals in 100 games in that league, doesnt lie.

The Essien point is fair enough, but I dont agree with the first one

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I disagree. Are you saying his statistics are an illusion then? If your going to generalize all Premiership defences like that then your placing other good players from the Premiership in the same boat, Henry was amazing in England and really has flopped in Spain, does that mean his statistics are an illusion? Your a Man Utd fan, Torres took Ferdinand and Vidic, arguably the best CB partnership in the world last year, to pieces, this year and last. Along with their "stupid" goalkeeper Van Der Saar. Premiership defences are imo harder to play against than Spanish ones, I'm in favour of La Liga obviously, but physically Premiership defences just have the edge. Lets not forget he also mauled Real Madrid and Inter Milan in a Liverpool shirt. He's not playing in the Championship, he's playing in the second best league in the world and 61 goals in 100 games in that league, doesnt lie.

[youtube]WrjwaqZfjIY[/youtube]

if you want a statistic look at his numbers for spain, or look at his numbers for atleti, or look at his numbers vs. spanish teams. at this juncture I can't be arsed to research them for you, but they shouldn't be hard to find. hell, look at his numbers away from anfield, bet you they're way inferior to his numbers at anfield.

the TOP premier league defences have the edge, the bottom ones are shit.

torres took vidic apart last season, and rio this (never both at the same time). but so what? venegoor of hesselink has given rio hell, and milan baros has made vidic look like a mug. defenders can have bad games (vidic defended torres brilliantly this year and was so unlucky to be sent off), it doesn't mean torres is a world-class striker.

he credits his debut season success to liverpool's goalkeeping coach who told him how each goalkeeper reacts to facing a striker 1v1. he's admitted that is how he was so effective. and that knowledge didn't exactly evaporate when that season ended. a large amount of his goals are clipped efforts past an onrushing goalkeeper.

and when has he ever mauled real madrid? he was anonymous in the bernabeu and his major contribution in the anfield leg was falling over when pepe touched him, or tapping in after great work from kuyt to fight for a long ball. xabi, badger and gerrard mauled real, he didn't.

he's also a little bitch who can't stay fit, unlike villa and zlatan and even drogba.

if you wanna go by stats, villa destroys him. if you wanna go by awe and skill then zlatan outdoes him, if you wanna go by predatory instincts he's gonna get outshone by ruud, eto'o and inzaghi, if you wanna go by buildup play then totti and rooney will put him in the shade, and if you wanna go by unplayability and aerial dominance then he's gonna get battered by drogba.

seriously, there is just no argument for him to be the best striker in the world unless you're a PL fanboy. or have a bizarre mancrush on him like you do.

he's probably the most complete and balanced, but that doesn't mean he's the best.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Torres is awesome when fit and on form, but he's definitely not the best in the world. He has a shout at top 3, but not first or second.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Out of these I would pick Arshavin. He'd be excellent at our left wing. Ribéry would also be a good choice. I think they're too expensive however.

Vigan27

Fabregas is my favourite player of all times (have to love zlatan coz he is a swe :p) so I rly hope to see him in barca one day. When that day comes I will be a very happy man…

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
As much as i would like Dzeko, Villa or Arshavin i feel like we mostly need a midfielder for the winter. Mascherano wouldnt hurt, but Cesc is still my 1st target.

Home of Barca Fans