Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aguero

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
J

Jordzibob

Meh, at least nobody argued with the Essien suggestion......

J

Jordzibob

:lol: In all fairness the guy is quality, best DM in the world Imo. And yeh I know Jabba, I mean he's a fantastic player, I'll give you that, I just prefer Torres....

J

Jordzibob

If he came back to Spain I think he'd be as good, especially at Barca, :lol:. He's improved hugely as a player since he left Spain

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if by "improved" you mean "is no longer desperate to show everyone just how super special he is so plays with more freedom, and being the recipient of advice on how every keeper he's gonna face acts when dealing with a striker" then yes, he has improved.

watching him for spain or against spanish teams and you see the real 'nando torres. that one you see in most games for liverpool is an illusion brought on by temporary confidence, slow-witted defenders, and stupid goalkeepers.

villa is ten times the goalscorer, zlatan and drogba are ten times the awe-inspiring force.

and essien would be utter utter failure for barca.

for starters he's not a DM, he's at his best going forward. so playing him in DM is a massive waste. there seems to be this growing notion that any black midfielder who can tackle is automatically a DM. it's not true with keita, and it's not true with essien.

and for seconds, he's a player lacking all manner of subtlety. he's jackson pollock, and we are picasso. he's andy warhol, we are rembrandt. he's banksy, we are gaugin. I mean, you get the point (I'd hope). we already have one un-subtle african, one who is content to not necessarily play every week and is left-footed which offsets the balance of our right-footed midfield. essien's better than keita, no question, but considering we use keita as an option, something essien wouldn't be because of fee and reputation, it doesn't work.

as usual, jordi, YAWRONG.

I voted for villa in the poll but arshavin is fast reminding me why I was desperate for us to sign him last summer. what a player.

Home of Barca Fans