Felipe Melo Wins the 2009 Bidone d'Oro!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
And this year's award for worst high profile Serie A player goes to my man Melo! Second place (the silver trashcan) goes to last years winner Quaresma. Melo is the third Brazilian to win this great award, after Rivaldo and two time "champ" Adriano.

Bidone2009_Felipe_Melo21.jpg

Meanwhile, somewhere in Firenze, Corvino is looking like this:
corvino.jpg

Personally I think Huntelaar deserves it more, but Melo is a big reason for Juvemerda being awful and I take tons of satisfaction in seeing this mercenary piece of shit humilated. Of course he's already whining that the entire thing is a conspiracy by Fiorentina fans. :lol:

Last edited:

Ataraxia

I personally think he's ok ( although I really don't think he's anything special) but the real problem in Juve is the coach. I think they have the best team in Serie A if you remove Cannavaro.

I know people like to blame Diego and Melo but that's kinda funny. I mean just look at Milan, they could have blamed Ronaldinho and Pato and everyone if Milan remained shit, but they didn't because the coach got them together well and now Ronaldinho is the biggest hero ever. But I still stand by my opinion that they have a very good team. Caceres has been great too in my opinion. And about Huntelaar, I think he proved in the little time and opportunities he was given how valuable he can be. Leonardo is just too much of a coward to try to change Milan's formation for a while to let Huntelaar have a chance. Maybe now that they lost 2-0 he'll know that he needs to bring change every once and a while and that Huntelaar can be counted on.

Oh and Fiorentina suck. Wait for a real crushing by Milan. Fiorentina's defense has not been embarrassed yet although it's shit. I think Saturday will be the perfect time to do that.

Anyway the biggest shit of a player is Jovetic. I want Manchester Utd or whatever other team to pay some 30 million ( or whatever those jojo enthusiasts claim he is worth) to see how immature and stupid he is on the pitch. Hilarious kid, though. I once heard he is called the Montenegrin Messi. It was funny at first but now I see how awful these new nicknames are.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
A Pato fanboy calling Jo-Jo immature? :lol: It's amazing how insecure you can be, Jovetic did not come into the league with a fraction of the hype that clowns like Pato and Ballotelli did and suddenly he's a threat? :lol: I guess he needs to pleasure himself on a webcam for you to think highly of him.

As far as Fiorentina goes, Milan should make easy work of them considering they have no healthy DMs. Such an injury crisis makes sense when you consider la Viola's payroll is less than half that of Milan, Inter and Juve, yet they have been the only Italian team to not embarrass themselves in Europe...go figure. Anyway I don't need to defend the team against a fan of Berlusconi's propaganda team, it's amazing how one good run has made Milan fans such smug bastards; I thought being humiliated by Palermo would have brought you guys back down to earth.

Anyway this topic is not about Fiorentina, it's about Melo, a mediocre card machine who cost Juve 20M plus two valuable role players, a worthy winner of the Bidone d'Oro if you ask me.

Last edited:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
hmm thats quiet surprising. He did start the season strongly, didnt catch many serie A games lately. Its incredible how diego goes from hero to zero constantly.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
hmm thats quiet surprising. He did start the season strongly, didnt catch many serie A games lately. Its incredible how diego goes from hero to zero constantly.

It's because he's so one dimensional. When things are going right for him he looks like Kaka but he has virtually no vision and as soon as he's figured out he is a waste of space. Juve has a lot of problems, what makes Melo stand out IMO is that he cost Juve Marchionni and Zanetti, two players they could really use right now more than a foul machine with a bad attitude.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
if anyone wants to see why melo deserves the bidone d'oro... just watch the game vs. bayern. hahah that back hell to a bayern player in the box was awesome.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
if anyone wants to see why melo deserves the bidone d'oro... just watch the game vs. bayern. hahah that back hell to a bayern player in the box was awesome.

Vintage Melo. The man hustles, he's skilled on the ball for a defensive minded player, but he's a complete idiot.

House of Flies

exactly, he wins the ball close to his box and then, inadvertedly when bayern is pushing juve... he decides that it is brilliant to backheel the ball without actually seeing the proximity of the bayern player.

juve had no core central midfield in that game and half the blame fell definitely on melo.

worst dm that i have seen for a high profile team.

Ataraxia

Yeh, now when Juventus get their shit together , everyone will praise Melo again. Actually, if you want to be reasonable, Melo has been really good. He even scored two great goals. You just want to bash him and act as if Fiorentina acted wisely. Besides Fiorentina can't be embarrassed when they barely manage to qualify. Let them face Manchester United or a decent team and let's see how terrible they'll look. I'm not being arrogant. It's just a cheap way to attack Melo and make your beloved Fiorentina look like some sort of masterminds. They are still shit and Melo managed to leave that shit to a better team.

I don't think Milan are great or whatever recently but being defeated by Palermo would never hurt Milan. Remember Chelsea got beaten by Wigan ( the same team that lost 9-1 to Tottenham and Manchester lost to Burnley). Big teams lose all the time. I just hate those cheap attacks you make when your team has proved to be at most half as good as the big teams.
I'm also not a Pato fanboy, but at least he's a footballer. Jovetic is just a clown on the field.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
His attitude makes it even worse, I know my view is distorted by bitterness but the fact is there's already rumors of Melo fighting with teammates and asking friends about a move to the Premiership. His reponse to winning the "award" was to blame it on Fiorentina fans.

It's amazing how nobody seemed to notice that Fiorentina's best run last season was when Melo was suspended for punching a guy. Donadel can do exactly what Melo can except he knows his limitations. Melo was Fiorentina's best midfielder...when Fiorentina was being humiliated by Bayern Munich in Europe. And now suddenly Juve's midfield looks like la Viola's did in Europe last season...anyone seeing the connection there?

Ataraxia

Yeh also attacking Melo for the Bayern match is funny. You do know that even Buffon looked like shit. Just more cheap attacks. I never thought I'de defend Melo because I never really found anything really that special in him, but these attacks are just cheap.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Dunga likes him a lot so hes probably gonna start for Brazil in the WC.

Yeah, Dunga thinks Melo is the new Dunga. :lol:

Besides Fiorentina can't be embarrassed when they barely manage to qualify.
First in your group is barely managing to qualify?

Let them face Manchester United or a decent team and let's see how terrible they'll look.
Manure would destroy Fiorentina..but they would do the same to Juve.

I'm not being arrogant. It's just a cheap way to attack Melo and make your beloved Fiorentina look like some sort of masterminds. They are still shit and Melo managed to leave that shit to a better team.
Except in this case they were masterminds...a player demanded a transfer and the milked him for all he was worth, that is what you call great management. The Juve fans I know hated the Melo trade more than Viola fans. And that "better" team is as close to first place as it is to a Fiorentina currently missing over half their starters due to injury, and without European football this year.

I just hate those cheap attacks you make when your team has proved to be at most half as good as the big teams.
Fiorentina SHOULD be half as good as Milan and Juve, because their budget is less than half that of Milan and Juve. And yet since the last time Milan won the CL, their results have been remarkably similar.

Melo being shit isn't a cheap attack when you consider he has in fact been playing like shit. Two goals don't compensate for how many he has caused.

Last edited:

House of Flies

Yeh also attacking Melo for the Bayern match is funny. You do know that even Buffon looked like shit. Just more cheap attacks. I never thought I'de defend Melo because I never really found anything really that special in him, but these attacks are just cheap.

Buffon never gives up the ball under no pressure to an opposing player in his box.

Melo was equal to 20 million + marchionni and zanetti... that was the steal of the century from what i have seen of melo's capabilities.

Fiorentina are still in CL, Juve are in Europa... Big difference. If it wasnt for Fio's injuries, their league form would have been different however as long as pink stays close to purp, I am cool.

Home of Barca Fans