Camp Nou

Did not know where to post this so I'll just choose this thread. Amazing stuff :)

[tw]967497233951227904[/tw]

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/02/24/5a91b89322601d58508b45c8.html

Saturday evening will see Barcelona host Girona at the Camp Nou and the match will also give Colombian football fan Jose Richard the opportunity to fulfil his dream of experiencing a Blaugrana match at the famous stadium.
Richard is registered deaf-blind and in order to know what is happening on the pitch he relies upon Cesar Daza, his aid, who uses a special form of language with his hands.
After being born with a low hearing capacity, the Colombian lost his hearing completely at nine years of age before fully losing his sight when he was 15.
It was at this point his life changed dramatically.
"I tried to kill myself, "he told MARCA.
"God gave me the strength to fight and overcome adversity.
"Cesar is my interpreter, my guide and my brother."
Religion and football have been the two guiding lights in his life, yet Daza's presence has allowed him to keep experiencing the game he loves.
Daza started working with Richard to help develop a way of seeing football for people with similar disabilities, and it's this project which has led the pair to Barcelona.
A partnership with LaLiga beckons, with the pair having invented a board that deaf-blind people can use in conjunction with hand movements to fully understand what is happening on the pitch.
"The idea came from Jose, we started playing the game on a board," Daza explained to MARCA.
"The board is the pitch and then, between the two of us, we decided on a series of signals.
"He knows what a shot is, as well as a pass into the penalty area and a header."
Rather poetically, the inseparable pair actuallyly follow rival teams in Colombia, with one a supporter of Millonarios and the other of Santa Fe.
To put this into context, this is the Colombian equivalent of Barcelona and Real Madrid or Boca Juniors and River Plate.
There had been concerns as to how Richard would be received at Santa Fe, because when the two teams face each other he wears his Millonarios shirt, yet Daza believes the true power of football is acceptance and respect.
"When I saw him wear that, I was worried because I realise football is sometimes dangerous," he admitted.
"At first I was afraid, but everyone respects us.
"This is why we now want to spread a message of peace and tolerance in stadiums."
The match at the Camp Nou on Saturday night will kick off at 20:45 CET.

You've made a useful post for once, instead of incessantly trolling.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to AS, we will sell the naming rights of Camp Nou by next summer for 200m for the next 20 years.

https://as.com/futbol/2018/07/29/primera/1532832805_667338.html

My thought bubble: 10m per year is too little, the 20-year contract is way too long (we should do short-term deals to allow us room to raise the price, like Juventus did) and we need to retain "Camp Nou" in the name, something like "XYZ Camp Nou".

Last edited:

Andrew M

The board did say some time ago that after some market research they felt they could get 300 million. 200 would be disappointing.

EDIT: After reading the article it does say that we anticipate getting more than 200 million

Joan

Brand Finance, the world’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy, said we are number one. However, in terms of overall club monetary value, Man Utd are worth more.

Didn't know, thanks. I recall reading an article a few months ago stating ManUtd is the biggest brand in the world.

Glad we are in front.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thanks [MENTION=1552]Andrew M[/MENTION] for bringing that up.

“The combination of domestic prominence and European presence makes Barcelona and Real Madrid two of the most powerful clubs in the world. Yet while their brands are instantly recognisable across all continents, they both face significant challenges in the years ahead when their star players, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, come to the end of their careers. Although the timing is uncertain, Barça and Real may have to invest to ensure there are succession plans in place.

Some good reads:

http://brandfinance.com/news/press-releases/bara-beat-real-in-el-clsico-of-brands/

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/05/10/5af43117e2704ee1348b45eb.html

serghei

:lol: at United being the biggest brand in football. They are the biggest corporation in football, because unlike Barcelona and Madrid who are associations, United is a flat out company. You have to go far away from the football consuming nations to find a place where United is the biggest brand. Maybe Phillipines, Fiji, Taiwan or so.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: at United being the biggest brand in football. They are the biggest corporation in football, because unlike Barcelona and Madrid who are associations, United is a flat out company. You have to go far away from the football consuming nations to find a place where United is the biggest brand. Maybe Phillipines, Fiji, Taiwan or so.

The differences in ownership models serve no significance in their calculation of the brand value and strength though. I briefly skimmed through the report, it appears their evaluation of brand value is primarily based on revenues generated by the clubs so in this regard Manchester United is indeed on top, despite their lackluster performance on the pitch. The TV money aside, Manchester United's ability to generate so much commercial income is astounding, which means that brand of theirs still registers with a lot of people around the world, which translates into money.

Home of Barca Fans