Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 955

Thread: Camp Nou

  1. #916
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,422
    Will Barca Femeni play in Johan Cruyff Stadium only? There are not enough seats there, are there?

  2. #917
    Member
    Xtroverto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    I remember that 60-70k people came for the game in the Copa when Riqui debuted. Was there any reason for this? There usually are 40k at most at first Copa games.
    Yes, it is because the club has something called the day of solidarity. It is always the first CdR match when most season ticket holders stay home anyway due to low interest in the match. So the club started back in 2011 this thing called day of solidarity when season ticket holders voluntary give their seat up, basically the club invites social organisations from all over Catalunya to solicit tickets for the match for free. The premise is basically this: to offer the possibility of attending a game at the Camp Nou to groups of social interest that collaborate to improve the quality of life and the integration of groups at risk or in situations of marginalization or social exclusion

    This year saw a new record attendance of 76.398, most of that coming from the over 2000 social orginisations that attended the game.
    Last edited by Xtroverto; 7th May 2019 at 10:29 AM.

  3. #918
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,856
    From a potentially 10-year deal for 200m plus to a potentially 20-year deal for 200m plus, we are getting a bit desperate.

    http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/b...s-title-rights
    SĂłc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  4. #919
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Does anyone know when exactly will start the renovation of Camp Nou and how long it will take?

  5. #920
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,856
    Quote Originally Posted by LABarcaFan View Post
    Does anyone know when exactly will start the renovation of Camp Nou and how long it will take?
    At this point nobody knows. It was originally supposed to start this year and then it got postponed to next year and now with the cost of the whole project ballooning further and reaching more than 800m, it is up for a vote apparently and might not survive it. Especially given all the money lost and economic uncertainties caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, it might even get killed, I fear.

    I don't like the high cost associated with it but it is absolutely the right thing to do (because it will bring in a lot more money every year once done, estimated around 150m) and many clubs are doing something similar. I fear we might not do it at all, or if Font kills it (he is known for questioning the whole project). We need to bring down the cost for sure, nevertheless we need to do it.
    SĂłc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  6. #921
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    At this point nobody knows. It was originally supposed to start this year and then it got postponed to next year and now with the cost of the whole project ballooning further and reaching more than 800m, it is up for a vote apparently and might not survive it. Especially given all the money lost and economic uncertainties caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, it might even get killed, I fear.

    I don't like the high cost associated with it but it is absolutely the right thing to do (because it will bring in a lot more money every year once done, estimated around 150m) and many clubs are doing something similar. I fear we might not do it at all, or if Font kills it (he is known for questioning the whole project). We need to bring down the cost for sure, nevertheless we need to do it.
    More than 800 millions? Jesus Christ. Why it will cost that much? The last time I read an article about the project they were saying that the current stands will stay. There will be just some extension to make them on level and cover them with visor. There is no need to demolish the current museum and fan article shop and make them anew.

  7. #922
    Moderator
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    7,866
    With the whole crisis and squad replacement that we need to do, I think the project will be killed.

  8. #923
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    With the whole crisis and squad replacement that we need to do, I think the project will be killed.
    Worst case scenario I am hoping it means a further delay of a few more years and not completely abandoned. To do so would be shooting ourselves in the foot.
    SĂłc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  9. #924
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Worst case scenario I am hoping it means a further delay of a few more years and not completely abandoned. To do so would be shooting ourselves in the foot.
    I am hoping a new President comes in and goes through the financials here so we can get a proper explanation of why in the fucking hell this end up costing 800m+.


  10. #925
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,856
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    I am hoping a new President comes in and goes through the financials here so we can get a proper explanation of why in the fucking hell this end up costing 800m+.
    The latest 815m figure includes a new "headquarters" they want to build that was apparently not in the original plan, no idea what that constitutes. Also the overall actual cost is supposed to be 700m now with 115m added for interest payments. If true, that is just incredibly high interest rate, amounting to about 17%. Real Madrid's 500m loan has a very low interest rate, like 3%, if I am not mistaken.

    [MENTION=23849]LABarcaFan[/MENTION] as well
    SĂłc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  11. #926
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    The latest 815m figure includes a new "headquarters" they want to build that was apparently not in the original plan, no idea what that constitutes. Also the overall actual cost is supposed to be 700m now with 115m added for interest payments. If true, that is just incredibly high interest rate, amounting to about 17%. Real Madrid's 500m loan has a very low interest rate, like 3%, if I am not mistaken.

    @LABarcaFan as well
    This Board have not been transparent at all and for that reason I'd vote against letting them potentially ride the club along on a debt-a-lon.


  12. #927
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,856
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    This Board have not been transparent at all and for that reason I'd vote against letting them potentially ride the club along on a debt-a-lon.
    I agree, something smells fishy.

    My concern with the alternative, aka Font though, is that he has been a critic of the whole project he might just choose not to do it at all, if elected.
    SĂłc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  13. #928
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I agree, something smells fishy.

    My concern with the alternative, aka Font though, is that he has been a critic of the whole project he might just choose not to do it at all, if elected.
    He'll have to do it.

    He might go for another option though or try to cut down the cost some place.


  14. #929
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    21,516
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    He'll have to do it.

    He might go for another option though or try to cut down the cost some place.
    How are you man, never see you posting in the coronavirus thread. Staying away from the storm?

  15. #930
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,929
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    How are you man, never see you posting in the coronavirus thread. Staying away from the storm?
    I'm in quarantine right now since three people now at work have tested positive for it. Was unwell a few days ago, but I'm okay now.

    Just stuck with a home office and being bored all the time for now.


Tags for this Thread