Camp Nou

Xtroverto

I remember that 60-70k people came for the game in the Copa when Riqui debuted. Was there any reason for this? There usually are 40k at most at first Copa games.

Yes, it is because the club has something called the day of solidarity. It is always the first CdR match when most season ticket holders stay home anyway due to low interest in the match. So the club started back in 2011 this thing called day of solidarity when season ticket holders voluntary give their seat up, basically the club invites social organisations from all over Catalunya to solicit tickets for the match for free. The premise is basically this: to offer the possibility of attending a game at the Camp Nou to groups of social interest that collaborate to improve the quality of life and the integration of groups at risk or in situations of marginalization or social exclusion

This year saw a new record attendance of 76.398, most of that coming from the over 2000 social orginisations that attended the game.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Does anyone know when exactly will start the renovation of Camp Nou and how long it will take?

At this point nobody knows. It was originally supposed to start this year and then it got postponed to next year and now with the cost of the whole project ballooning further and reaching more than 800m, it is up for a vote apparently and might not survive it. Especially given all the money lost and economic uncertainties caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, it might even get killed, I fear.

I don't like the high cost associated with it but it is absolutely the right thing to do (because it will bring in a lot more money every year once done, estimated around 150m) and many clubs are doing something similar. I fear we might not do it at all, or if Font kills it (he is known for questioning the whole project). We need to bring down the cost for sure, nevertheless we need to do it.

LABarcaFan

At this point nobody knows. It was originally supposed to start this year and then it got postponed to next year and now with the cost of the whole project ballooning further and reaching more than 800m, it is up for a vote apparently and might not survive it. Especially given all the money lost and economic uncertainties caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, it might even get killed, I fear.

I don't like the high cost associated with it but it is absolutely the right thing to do (because it will bring in a lot more money every year once done, estimated around 150m) and many clubs are doing something similar. I fear we might not do it at all, or if Font kills it (he is known for questioning the whole project). We need to bring down the cost for sure, nevertheless we need to do it.

More than 800 millions? Jesus Christ. Why it will cost that much? The last time I read an article about the project they were saying that the current stands will stay. There will be just some extension to make them on level and cover them with visor. There is no need to demolish the current museum and fan article shop and make them anew.

Alik

With the whole crisis and squad replacement that we need to do, I think the project will be killed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
With the whole crisis and squad replacement that we need to do, I think the project will be killed.

Worst case scenario I am hoping it means a further delay of a few more years and not completely abandoned. To do so would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Worst case scenario I am hoping it means a further delay of a few more years and not completely abandoned. To do so would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

I am hoping a new President comes in and goes through the financials here so we can get a proper explanation of why in the fucking hell this end up costing 800m+.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am hoping a new President comes in and goes through the financials here so we can get a proper explanation of why in the fucking hell this end up costing 800m+.

The latest 815m figure includes a new "headquarters" they want to build that was apparently not in the original plan, no idea what that constitutes. Also the overall actual cost is supposed to be 700m now with 115m added for interest payments. If true, that is just incredibly high interest rate, amounting to about 17%. Real Madrid's 500m loan has a very low interest rate, like 3%, if I am not mistaken.

[MENTION=23849]LABarcaFan[/MENTION] as well

DonAK

The latest 815m figure includes a new "headquarters" they want to build that was apparently not in the original plan, no idea what that constitutes. Also the overall actual cost is supposed to be 700m now with 115m added for interest payments. If true, that is just incredibly high interest rate, amounting to about 17%. Real Madrid's 500m loan has a very low interest rate, like 3%, if I am not mistaken.

@LABarcaFan as well

This Board have not been transparent at all and for that reason I'd vote against letting them potentially ride the club along on a debt-a-lon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This Board have not been transparent at all and for that reason I'd vote against letting them potentially ride the club along on a debt-a-lon.

I agree, something smells fishy.

My concern with the alternative, aka Font though, is that he has been a critic of the whole project he might just choose not to do it at all, if elected.

DonAK

I agree, something smells fishy.

My concern with the alternative, aka Font though, is that he has been a critic of the whole project he might just choose not to do it at all, if elected.

He'll have to do it.

He might go for another option though or try to cut down the cost some place.

DonAK

How are you man, never see you posting in the coronavirus thread. Staying away from the storm?

I'm in quarantine right now since three people now at work have tested positive for it. Was unwell a few days ago, but I'm okay now.

Just stuck with a home office and being bored all the time for now.

serghei

I'm in quarantine right now since three people now at work have tested positive for it. Was unwell a few days ago, but I'm okay now.

Just stuck with a home office and being bored all the time for now.

Yea, boredom is killing me too. :lol: And the worst thing ever is that I've seen all the best TV shows. I have friends who are on home isolation and haven't seen either of Game of Thrones, Sopranos and Breaking Bad. :lol:

That's like hundreds of hours of great entertainment I don't have... :(

Home of Barca Fans