Camp Nou

Andrew M

Attendance was poor for this game. about 52, 000. At the Gamper there over over 70, 000.

I suppose the kick off time of 22:15 didn't help.

Xtroverto

Attendance was poor for this game. about 52, 000. At the Gamper there over over 70, 000.

I suppose the kick off time of 22:15 didn't help.

It would have been much worse if it wasn't for the tourists. August is holiday month in Spain, most season ticket holders are out of town. This is why la liga used to always start in September before UEFA and FIFA began to flood the calendar with international games.

Last edited:

Windhook

The late starting time of big games really hurts stadium attendance, but perhaps La Liga tries to invade the TV market with suitable East Asia coverage, meaning games start at 04:00 in China and 05:00 in Japan.

Nothanks

it had to do with the timing of the match, real madrid also suffered from this despite the headlines trying to say it was cristiano leaving.
i believe it was madrid's lowest attendance in like 9 years?

hopefully they start focusing more on the locals because as someone who sees most of the games on TV it does damage the enthusiasm / excitement of watching barca when the stadium is half empty and quieter than a library.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is it me or Camp Nou pitch/grass quality has deteriorated this season? When I was at Camp Nou in October I thought the pitch didn't look too good. We used to have those pristine checkered patterns mown with lines between darker and lighter strips very clear, this season the checkered pattern looked quite blurry on TV and I noticed in several games they almost didn't bother to mow horizontally (lines between the two goal lines). Also, there seemed to be a barespot in front of the goal on the Gol Sud side that never got fixed. What is going on?

A side note, La Liga pitch quality overall has improved so much, I thought. Nowadays even Mendizorrotza Stadium (Alaves' home stadium) has top quality pitch. Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Mestella, Estadi Ciutat de Valencia (Levante), Estadio de la Cerámica (Villarreal) have the best pitches in La Liga in my opinion. La Liga is marching toward the EPL level in terms of pitch quality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is it me or Camp Nou pitch/grass quality has deteriorated this season? When I was at Camp Nou in October I thought the pitch didn't look too good. We used to have those pristine checkered patterns mown with lines between darker and lighter strips very clear, this season the checkered pattern looked quite blurry on TV and I noticed in several games they almost didn't bother to mow horizontally (lines between the two goal lines). Also, there seemed to be a barespot in front of the goal on the Gol Sud side that never got fixed. What is going on?

A side note, La Liga pitch quality overall has improved so much, I thought. Nowadays even Mendizorrotza Stadium (Alaves' home stadium) has top quality pitch. Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Mestella, Estadi Ciutat de Valencia (Levante), Estadio de la Cerámica (Villarreal) have the best pitches in La Liga in my opinion. La Liga is marching toward the EPL level in terms of pitch quality.

I noticed this last season when they changed to a hybrid type of grass.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I noticed this last season when they changed to a hybrid type of grass.

Hmmm, but hybrid grass shouldn't prevent the pitch maintenance crew from doing a good job cutting and maintaining the pitch though. The Emirates have the same type of hybrid grass and their pitch always looks nice.

Maybe we cut some corners to save money??

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmmm, but hybrid grass shouldn't prevent the pitch maintenance crew from doing a good job cutting and maintaining the pitch though. The Emirates have the same type of hybrid grass and their pitch always looks nice.

Maybe we cut some corners to save money??

Perhaps they changed the staff, but the pitch have looked off since last season to me. Not as pristine and high in quality as I can remember.

KingLeo10

Pitch quality is down because we wanted slow, lethargic passing...Valverdeball.

Keep him long enough and we'll have the mudgrounds that Mourinho used to prepare for us over at Stamford Bridge. :valverde:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Does anyone know where Estadi Johan Cruyff is located? This is a picture of the Camp Nou and Miniestadi: https://c7.alamy.com/comp/KMM9T4/sports-facilities-of-football-club-barcelona-camp-nou-KMM9T4.jpg

It is supposed to be very close to the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, which is further away from city center and Les Corts where Camp Nou is located, almost veering into the Espanyol neighborhood. :p

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1054877/14-things-you-need-to-know-about-johan-cruyff-stadium

Home of Barca Fans