User Tag List

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 891

Thread: Camp Nou

  1. #841
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27,057
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did not know where to post this so I'll just choose this thread. Amazing stuff





    http://www.marca.com/en/football/bar...8508b45c8.html

    Saturday evening will see Barcelona host Girona at the Camp Nou and the match will also give Colombian football fan Jose Richard the opportunity to fulfil his dream of experiencing a Blaugrana match at the famous stadium.
    Richard is registered deaf-blind and in order to know what is happening on the pitch he relies upon Cesar Daza, his aid, who uses a special form of language with his hands.
    After being born with a low hearing capacity, the Colombian lost his hearing completely at nine years of age before fully losing his sight when he was 15.
    It was at this point his life changed dramatically.
    "I tried to kill myself, "he told MARCA.
    "God gave me the strength to fight and overcome adversity.
    "Cesar is my interpreter, my guide and my brother."
    Religion and football have been the two guiding lights in his life, yet Daza's presence has allowed him to keep experiencing the game he loves.
    Daza started working with Richard to help develop a way of seeing football for people with similar disabilities, and it's this project which has led the pair to Barcelona.
    A partnership with LaLiga beckons, with the pair having invented a board that deaf-blind people can use in conjunction with hand movements to fully understand what is happening on the pitch.
    "The idea came from Jose, we started playing the game on a board," Daza explained to MARCA.
    "The board is the pitch and then, between the two of us, we decided on a series of signals.
    "He knows what a shot is, as well as a pass into the penalty area and a header."
    Rather poetically, the inseparable pair actuallyly follow rival teams in Colombia, with one a supporter of Millonarios and the other of Santa Fe.
    To put this into context, this is the Colombian equivalent of Barcelona and Real Madrid or Boca Juniors and River Plate.
    There had been concerns as to how Richard would be received at Santa Fe, because when the two teams face each other he wears his Millonarios shirt, yet Daza believes the true power of football is acceptance and respect.
    "When I saw him wear that, I was worried because I realise football is sometimes dangerous," he admitted.
    "At first I was afraid, but everyone respects us.
    "This is why we now want to spread a message of peace and tolerance in stadiums."
    The match at the Camp Nou on Saturday night will kick off at 20:45 CET.


  2. #842
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Did not know where to post this so I'll just choose this thread. Amazing stuff





    http://www.marca.com/en/football/bar...8508b45c8.html

    Saturday evening will see Barcelona host Girona at the Camp Nou and the match will also give Colombian football fan Jose Richard the opportunity to fulfil his dream of experiencing a Blaugrana match at the famous stadium.
    Richard is registered deaf-blind and in order to know what is happening on the pitch he relies upon Cesar Daza, his aid, who uses a special form of language with his hands.
    After being born with a low hearing capacity, the Colombian lost his hearing completely at nine years of age before fully losing his sight when he was 15.
    It was at this point his life changed dramatically.
    "I tried to kill myself, "he told MARCA.
    "God gave me the strength to fight and overcome adversity.
    "Cesar is my interpreter, my guide and my brother."
    Religion and football have been the two guiding lights in his life, yet Daza's presence has allowed him to keep experiencing the game he loves.
    Daza started working with Richard to help develop a way of seeing football for people with similar disabilities, and it's this project which has led the pair to Barcelona.
    A partnership with LaLiga beckons, with the pair having invented a board that deaf-blind people can use in conjunction with hand movements to fully understand what is happening on the pitch.
    "The idea came from Jose, we started playing the game on a board," Daza explained to MARCA.
    "The board is the pitch and then, between the two of us, we decided on a series of signals.
    "He knows what a shot is, as well as a pass into the penalty area and a header."
    Rather poetically, the inseparable pair actuallyly follow rival teams in Colombia, with one a supporter of Millonarios and the other of Santa Fe.
    To put this into context, this is the Colombian equivalent of Barcelona and Real Madrid or Boca Juniors and River Plate.
    There had been concerns as to how Richard would be received at Santa Fe, because when the two teams face each other he wears his Millonarios shirt, yet Daza believes the true power of football is acceptance and respect.
    "When I saw him wear that, I was worried because I realise football is sometimes dangerous," he admitted.
    "At first I was afraid, but everyone respects us.
    "This is why we now want to spread a message of peace and tolerance in stadiums."
    The match at the Camp Nou on Saturday night will kick off at 20:45 CET.
    You've made a useful post for once, instead of incessantly trolling.

  3. #843
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    13,958
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to AS, we will sell the naming rights of Camp Nou by next summer for 200m for the next 20 years.

    https://as.com/futbol/2018/07/29/pri...05_667338.html

    My thought bubble: 10m per year is too little, the 20-year contract is way too long (we should do short-term deals to allow us room to raise the price, like Juventus did) and we need to retain "Camp Nou" in the name, something like "XYZ Camp Nou".
    Last edited by Luftstalag14; 29th July 2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Sóc Culer.

  4. #844
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    10,954
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really ? 200 mil over 20 years ?

    fucking lol that sounds like such a shit deal for us .
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

  5. #845
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,538
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The board did say some time ago that after some market research they felt they could get 300 million. 200 would be disappointing.


    EDIT: After reading the article it does say that we anticipate getting more than 200 million

  6. #846
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will get less as it is not full rename of stadium and more or less still be called the Camp Nou.

  7. #847
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,223
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    They will get less as it is not full rename of stadium and more or less still be called the Camp Nou.
    True. Only chance the club receives a big amount is conceding on the name.

  8. #848
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,223
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marca says the amount will be 300M.

  9. #849
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,538
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    They will get less as it is not full rename of stadium and more or less still be called the Camp Nou.
    They've been testing the market. They'll have a lot of data on how much they can get. We are the biggest brand in football after all.

  10. #850
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,620
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't ManUtd the biggest brand in football?

  11. #851
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,538
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Isn't ManUtd the biggest brand in football?
    Brand Finance, the world’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy, said we are number one. However, in terms of overall club monetary value, Man Utd are worth more.

  12. #852
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,620
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Brand Finance, the world’s leading independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy, said we are number one. However, in terms of overall club monetary value, Man Utd are worth more.
    Didn't know, thanks. I recall reading an article a few months ago stating ManUtd is the biggest brand in the world.

    Glad we are in front.

  13. #853
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,538
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Didn't know, thanks. I recall reading an article a few months ago stating ManUtd is the biggest brand in the world.

    Glad we are in front.
    Here is the report:

    http://brandfinance.com/images/uploa...eport_2018.pdf

  14. #854
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    13,958
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Andrew M for bringing that up.


    “The combination of domestic prominence and European presence makes Barcelona and Real Madrid two of the most powerful clubs in the world. Yet while their brands are instantly recognisable across all continents, they both face significant challenges in the years ahead when their star players, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, come to the end of their careers. Although the timing is uncertain, Barça and Real may have to invest to ensure there are succession plans in place.
    Some good reads:

    http://brandfinance.com/news/press-r...ico-of-brands/

    http://www.marca.com/en/football/int...1348b45eb.html
    Sóc Culer.

  15. #855
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    13,647
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at United being the biggest brand in football. They are the biggest corporation in football, because unlike Barcelona and Madrid who are associations, United is a flat out company. You have to go far away from the football consuming nations to find a place where United is the biggest brand. Maybe Phillipines, Fiji, Taiwan or so.
    Last edited by serghei; 30th July 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Tags for this Thread