Camp Nou

raskolnikov

I read we are going to sell the stadium name. Ik not pleased by this at all.
Barca have sold out completely. I hated it when we got a shirt sponsor, hate that we dont use la masia but only chase big signings and play while fans are beaten up by guardia civil.
Menos que un club and galactico's 2.0 nowadays.

Galning

You can thank Rosell and Bartomeu for that. I wonder if they will need Piqué to find a stadium name sponsor for them..

serghei

I read we are going to sell the stadium name. Ik not pleased by this at all.
Barca have sold out completely. I hated it when we got a shirt sponsor, hate that we dont use la masia but only chase big signings and play while fans are beaten up by guardia civil.
Menos que un club and galactico's 2.0 nowadays.

It's just how it is now in football. Money talks. Play along or drop out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I just hope Camp Nou will still be referred to as Camp Nou just like Bernabeu is still called Santiago Bernabeu even though they have sold their naming right to Abu Dhabi a while ago.

FC433

^ Just did a quick research on Wikipedia and this is what I got:

2010s
According to the official website of the club, the current capacity is 81,044.[1]

On 16 October 2013, Pérez announced that Real is seeking to sell the naming rights for its stadium and looking for a sponsor for the €400 million project.[6] The proposed design of the stadium renovation, produced by German architects GMP, was unveiled on 31 January 2014. The bold design includes a retractable roof, with the overall cost of around €400 million likely to be met half via the sale of naming rights and half via a bond issue to Real members according to Spanish media reports. Pérez was quoted as commenting "We want to make the Santiago Bernabéu the best stadium in the world".[7][8] Real Madrid then announced a sponsorship agreement with IPIC to assist the club in the redevelopment of the stadium.[9][10][11] Pérez then said that in compliance to the agreement the name of the stadium would be renamed 'IPIC Bernabeu or CEPSA Bernabeu'.[12][13][14] The surface has been replaced with Mixto hybrid grass.

Real Madrid C.F. and Microsoft launched the first interactive audioguide for the Bernabéu Tour on 3 April 2017. Over 200,000 people toured the stadium in 2016, of which over 60% were foreigners.[15]

I do not know if that is true. Any news regarding Camp Nou?

raki

FC Barcelona‏@FCBarcelona

"The negotiations to find a company for the Camp Nou naming rights are going well. It will generate more income than expected"

I dont care. The money is needed for the renovation and to mitigate the over spending in wages. The stupid board needs to get a grip over the players wages.

xXKonan

[tw]923296041775935488[/tw]

Says we are in negotiations with the company Grifols, for the Camp nou naming rights. out of all the proposals that are on the table this is the one that is advanced.

xXKonan

[tw]923297195394195458[/tw]

Said it would be an agreement for the next 30 years. the figure would be well above the planned 200 million.

xXKonan

Triple post

[tw]923298533226070016[/tw]

Says The agreement would be better than what MetLife's Jets and Giants Stadium has in the United States, in New Jersey, worth more than 400 million dollars.

xXKonan

And these guys are speculating something around 400m for 30 years?

13.3m USD/year?

Am I the only one seeing the problem here? I'm sure I can't be.
I'm waiting for more details. they talk about it's an historic deal itself.

Home of Barca Fans