Camp Nou

serghei

Not copying them...my concerns is about rainfall/snowfall.

We are not in England. 90% of the time, the weather in Barcelona is amazing. There's no use for a fully covered stadium. And also, the surface you'd have to cover is quite big. I don't see a favorable cost-benefit ratio with a full-roof on Camp Nou.

The roof is great in the plans imo.

I like to whole design myself. It's classy, but more in a subtle and elegant way. We don't need to show off with our stadium. It's supposed to me more like an intimate thing I think. The design for Bernabeu seems too grand scale, like a show-off attempt gone bad.

I wouldn't want our Camp Nou to look like some metal tin from Dubai. I for one want the New Camp Nou to be as traditional-looking as possible. Don't like the idea of going full Star Trek with a football arena.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Roof might improve the atmosphere, but yeah if its main purpose is to have a covered stadium then it isn't needed

AnnieSureshot

I'm not as bothered with rain or snow as much as the sun. At sunset half of the stadium gets sun right in the eyes. It'd be nice if they could then whip up the roof, so people can actually see the pitch and not have their faces melded off.

Alik

We are not in England. 90% of the time, the weather in Barcelona is amazing. There's no use for a fully covered stadium. And also, the surface you'd have to cover is quite big. I don't see a favorable cost-benefit ratio with a full-roof on Camp Nou.

The roof is great in the plans imo.

I like to whole design myself. It's classy, but more in a subtle and elegant way. We don't need to show off with our stadium. It's supposed to me more like an intimate thing I think. The design for Bernabeu seems too grand scale, like a show-off attempt gone bad.

I wouldn't want our Camp Nou to look like some metal tin from Dubai. I for one want the New Camp Nou to be as traditional-looking as possible. Don't like the idea of going full Star Trek with a football arena.

Agreed. I quite like the details of the whole project.

Kerrybai

The more I look at it the more I like it. Most new stadiums try to copy something like Bayern or use some other covering around the stadium and they just look like big art projects. With the open facade this feels like a proper stadium.

Also found this article.

'The contest of the Camp Nou raised suspicions

Josep Mias, the firm Populous + Mias + RCR Arquitectes, spoke at Catalunya Radio: We have gone there to waste time "

The selection process of the architectural firm who must run the project Nou Camp Nou it was immaculate. Until yesterday. Filtration of winner 's name, Nikken Sekkei (in collaboration with Joan Pascual i Raimon Ausió Arquitectes), at 18.47 hours on the website of a media began to raise suspicions. Some suspicions were confirmed when SPORT was able to confirm that the leak had occurred when it had not yet completed the presentation of different projects. Moreover, the jury met to deliberate until 19.43, according to a tweet released by FC Barcelona: "They just now presentations of the 4 finalists #NouCampNou projects. Start now #fcblive jury deliberations. " Barca made ​​unofficial name of the winning architect until 22.49 ... 'four hours after the news was leaked !!! This leak has raised doubts and caused confusion. Even unrest within the club. In fact, some of the firms that failed to gain remodeling project were angry. This is the case of Josep Mias, the firm Populous + + RCR Arquitectes Mias: "If the whole process is carried out in impeccable shape and very professional, this last phase, however, did not seem very serious. We have gone there to waste time , "he lamented in Catalunya Radio.'

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/concurso-del-camp-nou-levanto-suspicacias-4961095

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Talking about the redevelopment of the stadium, we're almost in May and :bartomeu: still doesn't have a shirt sponsor.

How the fuck will he get this financed?

If this snake's actions hurts the club sporting-wise, which he promised wouldn't, then he better be voted out.

Galning

It's time for a new election, this time he won't have a treble saving his ass :tata:

But yes, the fact that he still doesn't have a sponsor is ridiculous. I won't be surprised if he will announce a "MEGA" deal with Qatar at the end of the season. A deal that will cover everything, much like we already have now, kits, training kits, seats, stadium, etc. Underpaid, of course.

Home of Barca Fans