Camp Nou

Barcafan 2304

Was always going to happen, not a great surprise. I'm no businessman by any means but I'd have thought we could generate more than 20 million a year....

blaugrana1987

We need to get that 70m per year Nike deal and new Quatar or whatever deal becuase these new contracts are getting bigger and bigger, and we need some money for transfers so we may as well use all that money while Messi and Neymar are still young. It does break my heart that Barca is no longer seen as MQUC but, thats what modern football and oil money brings.

Ubermensch

I heard the board are planning to expand the stadium. Any news about that? By the way, what's the average attendance of this season so far? Certainly it's not full house for every match. Why the board is going to expand Camp Nou?

Kerrybai

I heard the board are planning to expand the stadium. Any news about that? By the way, what's the average attendance of this season so far? Certainly it's not full house for every match. Why the board is going to expand Camp Nou?

It's will be expanded to 105000. One of the main reasons for redevelopment is to add more corporate boxes etc which give a large amount of revenue . Currently the stadium is lacking in this area , only compete really rebuild would provide enough boxes for a club of our stature , however the cost would be twice as much so we are redeveloping with what we have instead.

We average about 75000 , however we have 87000 season ticket holders, in this respect the club should implement policies which take season tickets from people who are not attending regularly. We will sell out 10500 for a few big games each season. The club could also provide some new season tickets with the extra capacity.

khaled_a_d

It's will be expanded to 105000. One of the main reasons for redevelopment is to add more corporate boxes etc which give a large amount of revenue . Currently the stadium is lacking in this area , only compete really rebuild would provide enough boxes for a club of our stature , however the cost would be twice as much so we are redeveloping with what we have instead.

We average about 75000 , however we have 87000 season ticket holders, in this respect the club should implement policies which take season tickets from people who are not attending regularly. We will sell out 10500 for a few big games each season. The club could also provide some new season tickets with the extra capacity.

Another thing is that reform will end around 2021 and it would be at least another couple of decades till the next reform so the expand is their for the future aspects as they probably think it will be filled in the future

Ubermensch

What the fuck? That's in average over 10000 season ticket holders didn't turn up each match. Pathetic! They have been probably watching the best team and best player ever for the last 7 years. Do they hate football at all? When you think of most other European giants are always able to fill their stadiums full, that's unacceptable. Any reasons behind this?

Last edited:

Kerrybai

What the fuck? That's in average over 10000 season ticket holders didn't turn up each match. Pathetic! They have been probably watching the best team and best player ever for the last 7 years. Do they hate football at all? When you think of most other European giants are always able to fill their stadiums full, that's unacceptable. Any reasons behind this?

I think it has to do with how cheap season tickets are compared with matchday tickets, apparently you can get season tickets as cheap as 74 British pounds http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ices-compare-to-those-in-europe-a6695931.html

If you have a ticket or several tickets in your name you can keep renewing them every year and then picking and choosing which games you go to. Then you can sell the tickets for the matches you don't attend and receive 50% of the money. We need a system which punishes those who don't attend a certain number of games, say 80%. I believe at Bayern they have such a system.

At places like Arsenal and United the costs are so high that people are going to try and attend every game.

Home of Barca Fans