Camp Nou

Kerrybai

Im not opposed to a new stadium. Athletico Madrid are building a new stadium, as are Valencia. In their cases both teams want 70000 plus capacity which they currently don't have.

However Valencia's stadium has been left half built as funds became a problem. This in turn has affected their ability to compete at the footballs top level. It's crucial that a new stadium has no serious negative affects on our financial situation.

The Nou Mestalla is been built at a cost of 250-300 million euros. If done right we could build a 100,000 seater for 400,000. It certainly shouldn't turn into a beast like the billion dollar Wembley.

Cule4life

The Culest
Unless there are structural issues that prevent true renovation of the existing Camp Nou, we should avoid this disposable attitude towards construction - part of the reason there's such a construction/housing crisis in Spain, IMO

Barcelona has such a rich history with architecture and would be a real travesty, I feel, if they were to just dump & run to a new location - it flies in the face of the essence of the club/city, I believe...I'm sure part of the thinking has been that the venue is a bit remote in relation to the rest of the city and would generate more revenue if more centrally located - even near/on the marina...Still, I think it'd be a mistake even just logistically since the city already has tremendous traffic and tourism in the heart of the city as it is

I'd like to see a version of Laporta's initial idea to revamp the Camp Nou, modernize and give the facade the sort of facelift deserving of a club with this sort of history & tradition
+100

Kerrybai

h9vr.jpg

New advertising

ebc_99

Looks a bit tacky with the player photos but I like the Burgundy colour and on its own would look great with the club emblem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jamrock

Every time I see a Qatar imagine outside of the shirt and a few other places,I am reminded that we should have gotten much more money.

Home of Barca Fans