Camp Nou

DucdeOrléans

I really do, Ducde. It offers that modernisation that the Camp Nou is crying out for, whilst still being unique and distinctive. The way that they designed the outside was fairly ingenious and fitting for the city of Barcelona, despite being similar to the Allianz, it would have been capable of creating many colours and patterns when required.

It's in your last post.

Well, Foster is a great architect no doubt about that but somehow I did not like his proposal. It was too chaotic and reminded me of a huge circus tent. But again that's just my opinion. As said earlier I remember it had little support as well.

Sure the Camp Nou needs modernisation but I am not so sure that Foster's project was the solution for that. If I am to be honest I prefer the first pic and that project out by the sea. That would be something unique and truly remarkable although very expensive. Yes, the Camp Nou would then be abandoned but to be honest Les Corts is not the most interesting part of the city.

Last edited:

Sergio

Sergison
Sure the Camp Nou needs modernisation but I am not so sure that Foster's project was the solution for that. I am to be honest I prefer the first pic and that project out by the sea. That would be something unique and truly remarkable. Yes, the Camp Nou would then be abandoned but to be honest Les Corts is not the most interesting part of the city.
And the Diagonal Mar/Besos is? The other scheme is utterly terrible in every way. For a start, the biggest issue with stadium design is access, straight away that thing doesn't even work as you limit access to a single bridge rather than from all sides.

DucdeOrléans

And the Diagonal Mar/Besos is? The other scheme is utterly terrible in every way. For a start, the biggest issue with stadium design is access, straight away that thing doesn't even work as you limit access to a single bridge rather than from all sides.

The point is that the idea of a new stadium out by the sea would be something unique and truly remarkable. I like the idea of that.

Which architect, proposal, location etc. is not my issue but the board's and I trust their decision making when the time for a Camp Nou modernization/plans of a newly built stadium arrives.

I am sure that Foster's project had many benefits but personally I do not like the design and if I remember correctly it was not well received either by the fans nor the current board.

So you guys wouldn't mind if we built a new stadium and left the Camp Nou????????????????

There are a lot of things to consider. If it's better to just create a new stadium from scratch as compared to trying to renovate the old Camp Nou, then certainly we should go for it. The board will definitely factor in the cost of renovation vis-à-vis new stadium costs, the scale of renovation that we need to do on Camp Nou and if the structure can hold additions to the stadium.

Personally, I think we should build a new Camp Nou. As to where, I don't know because I haven't been to Barcelona. :lol:

Maybe it's possible that we blow up the old Camp Nou and erect the new Camp Nou in the same location?

majql

There are a lot of things to consider. If it's better to just create a new stadium from scratch as compared to trying to renovate the old Camp Nou, then certainly we should go for it. The board will definitely factor in the cost of renovation vis-à-vis new stadium costs, the scale of renovation that we need to do on Camp Nou and if the structure can hold additions to the stadium.

Personally, I think we should build a new Camp Nou. As to where, I don't know because I haven't been to Barcelona. :lol:

Maybe it's possible that we blow up the old Camp Nou and erect the new Camp Nou in the same location?

Please tell me that it was a joke..

I would much rather renovate the Camp Nou - it has too much history to just stop using it.

impeh

Hi, its me..
I've been reading quite a bit about in the local papers. Seems like they want to build a new stadium out by the sea.

noufcmar(3).jpg

Barcelona-New-Camp-Nou.jpg

I agree that they should renovate Camp Nou instead. It's an important stadium with a far more important history.

second one looks awesome but.. dont see it happening any time soon . Will be super expensive. :(

jamrock

the fostor designed has support from most of the board at the time, though rosell was talking shit just to be different though he wasn't apart of the board, and sport did an informal pool and the fostor design one by a landslide. besides we cant have a White stadium. madrid would never build a stadium with a hint of red or blue

Fourteen

Monster Masch
second one looks awesome but.. dont see it happening any time soon . Will be super expensive. :(
The second one IS the Camp Nou, just with an outer shell + improvements made inside for access and updated facilities. It would obviously cost money, but no where near what a new one would cost.

Ender

Well, Foster is a great architect no doubt about that but somehow I did not like his proposal. It was too chaotic and reminded me of a huge circus tent. But again that's just my opinion. As said earlier I remember it had little support as well.

Sure the Camp Nou needs modernisation but I am not so sure that Foster's project was the solution for that. If I am to be honest I prefer the first pic and that project out by the sea. That would be something unique and truly remarkable although very expensive. Yes, the Camp Nou would then be abandoned but to be honest Les Corts is not the most interesting part of the city.
Needs more Gaudí.

Support my hypothesis, Ted!

Camp Nou named one of the 'Most Social Landmarks Around the World' by Facebook.

npicr7.png

As summer vacation season starts, we measured check-ins made on Facebook in 25 cities worldwide to determine the world's most social landmarks.

Among the no. 1 ranked landmarks across the 25 cities:
- 7 are sports stadiums/arenas
- 6 are public areas: squares/avenues/parks/gardens
- 2 are amusement parks
- 2 are concert arenas
- 2 are shopping-related: shopping centers/malls

Looking deeper into the data, we saw that shopping is popular internationally: malls and outdoor markets appear within the top 10 landmarks for 19 of 25 cities, including Sao Paolo's Mercado Municipal, Seoul's Dongdaeum and Melbourne's Queen Victoria market. Amusement parks like Johannesburg's Gold Reef City, Moscow's Gorky Park, Copenhagen's Tivoli Gardens and Seoul's Lotte World were among the top 10 places to check-in. Restaurants like the Hard Rock Cafes in Buenos Aires, Delhi and Barcelona, TGI Fridays in Norway, and Bella Paulista Casa de Paes in Sao Paulo were favorites too.

Cities with warmer climates had more check-ins to outdoors spots, like St. Kilda Beach in Melbourne and the Wynyard Quarter wharf in Auckland, while colder climes had more activity in concert halls or bars. Six of Moscow's 10 most popular slots belong to bars and clubs.

Examining check-ins by season helped us uncover some summer trends. Music festivals like Glastonbury and Lollapalooza appear as top summer check-ins. Sports venues also ranked highly in the U.S., with Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco each featuring stadiums or arenas in their top 10 list. Baseball was also very popular in Tokyo, where the Tokyo Dome won out, while in other cities, soccer, rugby, and cricket venues were popular summer hangouts.

We found some interesting comparisons within individual cities. In New York, the American Museum of Natural History garnered more check-ins than its neighbor across Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Rome's Spanish Steps is one the city's most social spots followed by the Trevi Fountain, just 10 minutes away. City architectural treasures and famous green spaces were popular throughout New York, Berlin, London, Rome – and Paris, where the Avenue des Champs-Élysées beat out the famous Eiffel Tower.

Galning

Is there someone who knows what exactly is going on with the tunnel in Camp Nou? I've read some things about it but it isn't clear to me..all I know is that it's supposed to intimidate the opponents more :s

Home of Barca Fans