Ronaldo

Galning

Zlatan did care a lot about the money, look at how much he praises Raiola for the deals in his book, the ferrari's, pink house, obsession with being rich, like most immigrant youth. Not much wrong with it though, but its not like he goes to psg since its a dream, its just the money.
And while his career moves are logical, Zlatan always been playing for Zlatan 100%, didnt care much about Ajax when finally started improving after poor first seasons he left to Juve, clashing with vd Vaart to force a move (which he admitted).
Then from Juve with no shame, happily leaving to rival Inter ( Zlatan doesnt waste his career in serie B out of loyalty).

Barca was a logical move, even Milan since they always had this swinger relationship with Inter regarding their players.
Im 100% certain if it wasnt for Cristiano he would have gladly gone to Real.
In the end Zlatan plays for himself, only cares about himself, zero love/loyalty for clubs and gladly hops clubs for better opportunity disregarding rivalries or whats clubs done for him.

I dont hate Zlatan either by the way, I like him like I do Ronaldo but I see no problem with seeing him as a selfish clubhopper. Same goes for plenty of others mercenaries who apply similair type Figo logic to their career.

Everybody cares about the money look at Messi, Neymar... Yes he plays for himself, but I'm sure in different circumstances he could have stayed at a certain club a lot longer. In every move he made the first reason was not money. Of course in the game of football it plays a huge part so it's going to be involved, but not more than for other players who are deemed loyal. How loyal would Messi be without the highest wage clause and his yearly contract renewal? God knows.

Everybody cares about the money look at Messi, Neymar... Yes he plays for himself, but I'm sure in different circumstances he could have stayed at a certain club a lot longer. In every move he made the first reason was not money. Of course in the game of football it plays a huge part so it's going to be involved, but not more than for other players who are deemed loyal. How loyal would Messi be without the highest wage clause and his yearly contract renewal? God knows.

I have to say, this has always greatly impacted my view of the players. It's something that's a bit uncomfortable to talk about, but as human beings they have no lesson to teach anyone -until an established name starts giving away a fixed % of his income to charity and shames others into action as well.

RevoTeller

There was the Di Stefano era, then the Pelé era, then it was Cruijff's time, after that Maradona came in and then we got Ronaldo de Lima.
Now it's Messi's time.

These players are the absolute best of their periods, any comparison between them is pointless and useless, just enjoy them.

PS: Bu-bu-but according to some dudes Suarez is as good as that alien in the video before my post... :lol: :lol: :lol:

raskolnikov

Suarez is one of the best strikers of the last 20 years, same category as Sheva,Batistuta,Henry,Zlatan etc.. Ronaldo was in the same category post injuries, before it he was well on his way of becoming the goat, that messi level, he was just unlucky.
For years I have said Ronaldo was the best player I have seen play live until 2010 when Messi became goat.

Home of Barca Fans