Ronaldo

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Attempting to come out of retirement to play for the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the second-tier North American Soccer League, as he has become part owner. Doesn't sound like it's a sure thing, it'll depend on whether or not he'll be able to get fit, but cool, more of the real Ronaldo is never a bad thing, fat or not!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re-watched some od the highlights from 96-97.. Brings back so many memories. That single season he had with us he scored so many wonder goals. Anyone who counts stats etc. should watch what kind of wonders Ronaldo did for Barca. Totally eclipses every striker that played at Barca bar Messi.

BarcaOG

Banned
Unreal.

For those of you who are long-long-term FCB fans, why was Ronaldo sold (and in hindsight, for so little) to Inter after having such a wonderful season with us?

raskolnikov

Unreal.

For those of you who are long-long-term FCB fans, why was Ronaldo sold (and in hindsight, for so little) to Inter after having such a wonderful season with us?

Ronaldo (or his agents) wanted more money which Nunez didnt want to pay.
Inter(Moratti) payed the buyout and offered him twice as much money.
So being the money grabbin mercenary that he was, he went.

I like Ronaldo but he was always just a selfish clubhopper in the same way Zlatan is nowadays.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno

I like Ronaldo but he was always just a selfish clubhopper in the same way Zlatan is nowadays.
:lol: Zlatan was after all a ronaldo fan, literally following his clubhopping footsteps !!
ibrahimovic_malmoe_twitter.jpg

Last edited:

valk

Says everything about him as a player and about his charisma. I've never seen anyone not like Ronaldo, be it Inter, Barca, Madrid, Milan or neutral fans.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
For most of that season there was talk that players were unhappy with Robson's defensive tactics and that Guardiola disobeyed Robson and took his own team instructions.
On top of that we had a big squad where Pichichi winner Pizzi or legend Hristo stoivhkov barely played.

Long story short, there was much discontent in the squad. Vibe was just wrong ever since we lost the first Clasico. Nunez was shortsighted and Ronaldo probably a bit too greedy eventhough his Inter connection originated before he signed for Barca. And Italy in 90s was NBA of football. That level won't be attained in one league anytime soon.

Galning

Zlatan changing clubs is nothing like Ronaldo. Such a myth because they played for similar clubs and he said Ronaldo is his idol.

Zlatan moved from Malmö to Ajax when he was a teenager, big shocker because Ajax had an amazing team back then and that offer is until this day the biggest transfer fee in Swedish football.
Then he moved from Ajax to Juventus, again, big shocker moving from a small club to a bigger one.
Juventus then got relegated to Serie B so he moves to Inter which is again understandable.
Afterwards he gets bought by arguably the best club team ever for a record transfer fee, Pep's Barça.
What happens then? Right, Guardiola doesn't want him anymore after half a season, so after the season he moves to AC Milan who eventually start turning into a Serie A mid table club so he moves to PSG.

Did he make a lot of money in the process? No doubt. But portraying him as some moneygrabber who hops to whichever club that offers him €1 more a season is just wrong.

raskolnikov

Zlatan changing clubs is nothing like Ronaldo. Such a myth because they played for similar clubs and he said Ronaldo is his idol.

Zlatan moved from Malmö to Ajax when he was a teenager, big shocker because Ajax had an amazing team back then and that offer is until this day the biggest transfer fee in Swedish football.
Then he moved from Ajax to Juventus, again, big shocker moving from a small club to a bigger one.
Juventus then got relegated to Serie B so he moves to Inter which is again understandable.
Afterwards he gets bought by arguably the best club team ever for a record transfer fee, Pep's Barça.
What happens then? Right, Guardiola doesn't want him anymore after half a season, so after the season he moves to AC Milan who eventually start turning into a Serie A mid table club so he moves to PSG.

Did he make a lot of money in the process? No doubt. But portraying him as some moneygrabber who hops to whichever club that offers him €1 more a season is just wrong.
Zlatan did care a lot about the money, look at how much he praises Raiola for the deals in his book, the ferrari's, pink house, obsession with being rich, like most immigrant youth. Not much wrong with it though, but its not like he goes to psg since its a dream, its just the money.
And while his career moves are logical, Zlatan always been playing for Zlatan 100%, didnt care much about Ajax when finally started improving after poor first seasons he left to Juve, clashing with vd Vaart to force a move (which he admitted).
Then from Juve with no shame, happily leaving to rival Inter ( Zlatan doesnt waste his career in serie B out of loyalty).

Barca was a logical move, even Milan since they always had this swinger relationship with Inter regarding their players.
Im 100% certain if it wasnt for Cristiano he would have gladly gone to Real.
In the end Zlatan plays for himself, only cares about himself, zero love/loyalty for clubs and gladly hops clubs for better opportunity disregarding rivalries or whats clubs done for him.

I dont hate Zlatan either by the way, I like him like I do Ronaldo but I see no problem with seeing him as a selfish clubhopper. Same goes for plenty of others mercenaries who apply similair type Figo logic to their career.

Home of Barca Fans