Ronaldo

flamenco

Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima

Russia coach Fabio Capello has claimed that Seleção legend Ronaldo was the best striker that he has ever managed.
The former England boss has worked with some of the world’s legendary figures such as Alessandro Del Piero, Raul, Marco van Basten, Francesco Totti and Ronaldo during his coaching career and he believes the Brazilian was the best of the lot, reports *********.

"Technically the best? Absolutely, Ronaldo - and not Cristiano,"

Capello said via Uefa's official Twitter account.

"[Marco] Van Basten was very good, but I think when Ronaldo was at his fittest, he was the best."

The 67-year-old then moved on to discuss who he thinks are the best players of all time and singled out former greats such as Diego Maradona and Brazilian legend Pele, as well as current Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

He added: "It goes in three different eras I think. At the start, between 1970 and 1975, this player was absolutely Pele. Then it moved to Maradona. Now? Messi."

with Barca (what a moment it was!)

with Brazil

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Completely understandable too because Ronaldo would have gone on to be better than Pele (in the eyes of Brazilians) - I have no qualms in saying that. He had everything that you wish a striker could have.

Pace, strength, stamina, physique, finishing, heading, intelligence, agility, anticipation, dribbling, long shots, in the box, technique and work rate. He had the lot.

flamenco

imo Barca let him go way too quickly and, had he not gotten so badly injured @Inter, he might have really surpassed Pele's tally

coura

Banned
He did that incredible season with 20 years old. He should have left barcelona. Biggest mistake of his career.

flamenco

He did that incredible season with 20 years old. He should have left barcelona. Biggest mistake of his career.

dunno the details of him leaving us, we should've kept him happy or was it business, the $ we'd make when we sell this super hot item?

Ritchie

dunno the details of him leaving us, we should've kept him happy or was it business, the $ we'd make when we sell this super hot item?

His advisers/agents were only interested in making money out of him. He had to play every single Brazil game as well (including loads of pointless friendlies) because Nike called for it. He was playing non-stop football and the injury problems became inevitable.

Eetu

Adormit
French minister of culture providing a bit of awkwardness:

BYk6djcCEAAo2Fl.png:large

A video of it here.

Gilberto

:lol: I already saw that video, it's such a shame. I often disagree with Mou, but when he said there's only one Ronaldo, I loved the man.

Galning

Ronaldo (ex-PSV -Barcelona -Inter -Real Madrid -Milan): "Ballon d'Or this year? I think Messi will win it again." #ballondor [dpa]

He has spoken.

B

beautifulgame

they were unquestionably. if that player had stayed away from injury... there was no limit.

Home of Barca Fans