what team has the best defence in the world and who are they ?

A

Adil

The title says it all, Im curious about what the people on barcaforum.com think.

So please go a head and tell me.

:flagvl8:

My personal favorit are Chelsea and the defense that Terry holds up, Unbeatable.

P.S i dont support Chelsea.. i like gooners and barca.

Last edited:

TheMessiShow

Chelsea have a great defensive lineup. They are heavy in depth, John Terry is definitely one of the worlds best defenders.
I think Man United have a solid defense as well, last year was a great year defensively for them.

But honestly, I love the way Barcelona defend. How they defend as a whole. Its rare to see a team where the forwards are required to track back. How they use possession and precise passing to tire out attackers. I don't think I could like another team

[FCB]Messi[10

Well I would say for right now, Chelsea and FC Barcelona. They are both great at defending and have great players. Chelsea with John Terry arguably one of the best CB's in the world, and for Barcelona the great captain Puyol and the youngster Pique. But if I would choose one team I would go for Barca, and it would be the same reason like TheMessiShow said at the end.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Carvalho is better than Terry purely on defensive ability, but he's no leader. He's the quick smart defender(and hell dirty, nobody pulls shirts as much as him AND gets away with it 99% of the time), while Terry is the leader, the wall. The big/quick defender combo is awesome and Terry/Carvalho is as good as any partnership right now. Then you have Bosingwa and Cashley. Bosi is arguably the best of the rest when it comes to RB's, since as we know Maicon/Alves/Ramos are probably the top 3, and Cashley is arguably THE best LB right now.

I really do wonder how Carvalho manages to get away with what he does though, he's been doing it for god knows how long and no referee whistles him, it's amazing(and brilliant if you're a Chelsea fan :D).

Last edited:

Moe