what team has the best defence in the world and who are they ?

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Honestly, i really like our defensive philosophy. While other teams see defense mostly in acting 'right' when the opponents got the ball - standing deep, denying space, marking tight etc. - Barca defends first of all actively by possessing the ball, denying the opponent the ball. According to the easiest rule: as long as we have the ball, they cant score.

Combine that with immense pressing as soon as you lose the ball, performed by everyone on the pitch, deep in the opponents half, sometimes even having 3 players press the ball playing opponent.

And finish it with a very aggressive, pacy and aware backline to undermine counterattacks, and for me you have the perfect defensive tactic performed in the world of football. Which is also supported by the numbers (goals conceded), esp. considering a generally rather offensive style.

veryfatchocobo

Our defensive philosophy works so well because we keep the ball for so long. Our offense will never get tired of tracking back until our opponents have the ball more than 40% of the time.

Man U and Chelsea here

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
on traditional sense it is the mancs and chelski but barca has just probably less goals scored against as they do.

so my top three would be chelski, mancs and barca

M

messiniesta

Obviously Patético Madrid with their historic defensive stalwarts Pablo Ibáñez, Ujfalusi, Perea, Pernía and company

deelio

I would say Chelsea. The way they were able to control us in the semis of the champions league last year... until iniesta pulled out a can of whoopass of course. :iniesta:

Home of Barca Fans