90's vs. 00's

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I was reading oliver kay's team of the decade and it's hysterical shitness combined with his blurring of the lines between 90's and 00's got me thinking, who'd win if the PL of the 90's faced off with the PL of the 00's?

schmeichel
dixon, bruce, adams, irwin
beckham, keane, scholes, giggs
bergkamp, cantona

vs.

given
neville, rio, sol, cashley
vieira, makelele, lampard
ronaldo, ruud, henry

who'd win?

indeed, would those be the teams?

any other cool 90's vs. 00's?

etc.

Cantoma and Bergkamp playing together, that would have been something. However I think the 00 frontline would own Adams and co.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
90's, Schmeicel: Neville, Stam, Keown, Winterburn: Beckham, Keane, Giggs: Cantona: Bergkamp, Shearer

00's, Van der Sar: Ferriera, Vidic, Hyypia, Evra: Essien, Lampard, Gerrard: Torres, Van Nistelrooy, Henry

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
too similar, both great players but an insult that shearer isnt there.

tactically it's way off, you're right, but I feel I can be excused due to cantona and bergkamp being made of pure crystallised awesome.

as for gerrard not being in the 00's team. well, what's he done in the league? coz I recall it being completely bollocks all in comparison to lampard, maka and vieira who have all at the very least won the fucking thing (while being a major contributor, at that).

Moe

powered by;
I'd go with the 90's. Schmeichel, Adams, Keane, Bergkamp and Cantona thats just too much..
Im not sure about why Gerrard isn't in the 00's team, Id include him and dump Ronaldo. For me Ronaldo performed good in his last 3 years in the epl, before that he was immature and selfish while Gerrard has always been a leader and has been great every season. If Ronaldo stayed for one or 2 more seasons Id include him for sure but I dont think he should be in the 00 team for now. yes he's the first world player of the year from the epl but I dont think theres a place for him

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I remember seeing this in the paper actually and raising my eyebrows. I agree regarding Gerrard, Liverpool have challenged for the title once (last season) in his whole time there. CR has won 3 titles and been probably the main man in all 3. Lampard was integral to Chelsea's two wins and is again this season. Le Tissier was genius for Southampton year upon year, but he didn't have much effect on the title race.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
tactically it's way off, you're right, but I feel I can be excused due to cantona and bergkamp being made of pure crystallised awesome.

as for gerrard not being in the 00's team. well, what's he done in the league? coz I recall it being completely bollocks all in comparison to lampard, maka and vieira who have all at the very least won the fucking thing (while being a major contributor, at that).

It doesn't matter, Adams won what 2 league titles? Not even when he was at his peak.

Gerrard is better than Lampard and because he has been the best best player in a worse team doesn't mean he shouldn't be in there. Where would Liverpool have finished over the last years if he wasn't there? Barely mid table mediocrity.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I don't think those Chelsea sides would have won the league without Lampard tbh, not so convincingly anyway.

Home of Barca Fans