90's vs. 00's

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It doesn't matter, Adams won what 2 league titles? Not even when he was at his peak.

Gerrard is better than Lampard and because he has been the best best player in a worse team doesn't mean he shouldn't be in there. Where would Liverpool have finished over the last years if he wasn't there? Barely mid table mediocrity.

Four league titles, three FA Cups, two League Cups and a Cup Winners Cup

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
90's would win easily. Imagine doing this for Serie A, it would be even more one sided. La Liga might be close however, as La Liga was by far the dominant force at the turn of the millennium. In fact I'm trying to think of a lineup but so many of the best players career's crossed both decades.

And sorry Ry, but Gerrard as achieved fuck all; Adams had a much more impressive career.

Last edited:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Four league titles, three FA Cups, two League Cups and a Cup Winners Cup

In the 90's?

90's would win easily. Imagine doing this for Serie A, it would be even more one sided. La Liga might be close however, as La Liga was by far the dominant force at the turn of the millennium. In fact I'm trying to think of a lineup but so many of the best players career's crossed both decades.

And sorry Ry, but Gerrard as achieved fuck all; Adams had a much more impressive career.

Everything except the Premiership is not fuck all. With Keane the best midfielder in Premiership history. So to say he wouldn't get in the team of the decade is a joke.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
1990's

---------------------------Schmeichel------------------------

-----Jones---------Bruce---------------Pallister----------Irwin---

----Mcmanaman------Keane-----------Vieira--------------Giggs----

-----------------Fowler------------Sheringham--------------------

00's

----------------------------Reina------------------------------

------Lauren--------Ferdinand------------Mellberg-----------A.Cole-

---------------------------Makelele-------------------------------

----------------Scholes-----------------Gerrard------------------

--------------------------Berkgamp------------------------------

-----------------Torres-----------------Drogba--------------------

It would be close but the front 3 plus Scholes and Gerrard would give them the edge. I would have loved to have seen a Fower-Sheringham partnership.

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
1990's

---------------------------Schmeichel------------------------

-----Dixon---------Bruce---------------Pallister----------Irwin---

----Beckham------Keane-----------Vieira--------------Giggs----

-----------------Shearer------------Bergkamp--------------------

00's

----------------------------Van Der Sar------------------------------

------G. Neville--------Ferdinand------------Terry-----------A.Cole-

-------Ronaldo---------Scholes-----------Gerrard-----------Pires

------------------Henry-----------------Van Nistelrooy--------------------

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
gerrard can lick lampard's ballsack as far as the league goes, to be perfectly honest.

he's won fuck all and done fuck all. 90% of his "heroic" exploits have been in cup competitions. lampard does it regularly in the league. goals, assists, the lot. he's also not a complete and utter cunt. this helps. oh and he's won the league. twice. that helps too. oh and he played something like 2345634785 consecutive games as well. more helping.

seriously, league only lampard far outshines gerrard.

fuck! pires! good shout adam. can't believe I missed the dainty fucker. mind you he wouldn't displace anyone in my 00's team, owing to the 433.

and why are people putting vieira in the 90's team? he was at his best in the 00's surely? dude was a freakin' titan in 03/04.

anyway, having soaked in your opinions I've changed my lineups:

schmeichel
dixon, bruce, pallister, irwin
beckham, keane, scholes, giggs
shearer, cantona

vs.

van der sar
neville, rio, sol, cashley
vieira, makelele, lampard
ronaldo, ruud, henry

90's would win, for sure. that united midfield owns everything and shearer scored goals for fun.

serie a:

peruzzi
panucci, baresi, costacurta, maldini
rijkaard, gullit, davids
zidane
van basten, baggio

vs.

buffon
cafu, nesta, cannavaro, zambrotta
gatusso, pirlo, cambiasso
kaka
shevchenko, del piero

and that's ignoring the likes of crespo, batigol, rui costa and totti!

fucking obscene.

I mean look at that 90's team!

jesus.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I had actually meant to swap Scholes and Vieira between the teams because Scholes was probably at his peak in the late 90s

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I disagree.

I think scholes had his peak in 02/03 when he, along with horsey, dragged united to the title basically by themselves.

but he was amazing in the 90's and vieira was better in the 00's (than he was in the 90's) plus if you put scholes in the 90's you keep that united midfield together and it really was a magnificent unit.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Scholes was probably at his best from around 97-2003, so it's hard to decide which one to put him in. He has to be in one of them though, what a player.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
serie a:

peruzzi
panucci, baresi, costacurta, maldini
rijkaard, gullit, davids
zidane
van basten, baggio

vs.

buffon
cafu, nesta, cannavaro, zambrotta
gatusso, pirlo, cambiasso
kaka
shevchenko, del piero

and that's ignoring the likes of crespo, batigol, rui costa and totti!

fucking obscene.

I mean look at that 90's team!

jesus.

With all due respect to the perfectly good 00's squad, the 90's squad would wipe the floor with them. The only advantage the 00's might have is keeper, and even then the 90's have more depth between Peruzzi, Pagliuca and Toldo. The defense is crazy deep of course, I don't know if Panucci is the best choice there. If you included a bench, damn.

Speaking of right backs, with all due respect to Cafu who was always a favourite of mine, it HAS to go to Zanetti, no contest. I would also put Seedorf over Cambiasso; it would ruin the balance but you can't talk about AC Milan in the 1990's without mention of Seedorf; in fact I'd arguably put him ahead of Kaka if you want a more realistic team.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
With all due respect to the perfectly good 00's squad, the 90's squad would wipe the floor with them. The only advantage the 00's might have is keeper, and even then the 90's have more depth between Peruzzi, Pagliuca and Toldo. The defense is crazy deep of course, I don't know if Panucci is the best choice there. If you included a bench, damn.

Speaking of right backs, with all due respect to Cafu who was always a favourite of mine, it HAS to go to Zanetti, no contest. I would also put Seedorf over Cambiasso; it would ruin the balance but you can't talk about AC Milan in the 1990's without mention of Seedorf; in fact I'd arguably put him ahead of Kaka if you want a more realistic team.
Seedorf didn't join Milan till 2002. :p

Home of Barca Fans