Andres Iniesta

Givenchy

will be really sad to see him go but the time is right for him. give Coutinho the reins in midfield and get that huge payday, no doubt he and Xavi will return to FCB in some way in the future. please send this legend out with a treble

Nothanks

But I'm looking on this thing from our club's point of view and I'm not really convinced that we can survive next season without Iniesta, unless we get a quality attacking midfielder, that can fill in for Coutinho if neccecery. Gomes and Denis won't cut it. Rafinha will be sold if Inter remains in top 4. Paulinho is not the right type of player. So, we basically only have Cou there, if Iniesta leaves.
look we survived the first half of the season with just iniesta and the rest of deadweights, i'm sure we'll be fine with coutinho and whoever his sub will be.. wether it's alena, or if gomes stays until arthur gets here.
becides with iniesta confirming his leave now, it gives management time to adjust and figure out the summer transfers.

FCBfan22

We will apparently be trying to sign Houssem Aouar or Fekir, if Iniesta leaves according to Mundo Deportivo.

Good, the club seems to be responding and that is all I ask from them.

Joan

We will apparently be trying to sign Houssem Aouar or Fekir, if Iniesta leaves according to Mundo Deportivo.

Good, the club seems to be responding and that is all I ask from them.

Fekir for Iniesta must be a joke.

Aouar is the one to go with. Bring Tanguy with him. :)

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Fekir for Iniesta must be a joke.

Aouar is one to go with. Bring Tanguy with him. :)

I agree. Aouar is the one. Hopefully we pull this one through. Then we have quality players in attacking midfield: Coutinho and Aouar as LM's and Dembele and Alena as RM's.

We should be good for next season then.

Joan

I agree. Aouar is the one. Hopefully we pull this one through. Then we have quality players in attacking midfield: Coutinho and Aouar as LM's and Dembele and Alena as RM's.

We should be good for next season then.

Aouar seems to be a real deal. Very young but plenty of trust in such a big club. Not saying he won't fail, but Lyon players usually do very well. Umtiti, Tolisso, not going far in the past.
We'd also have Roberto on the right. Would be well covered and able to offload Denis, Rafinha and Gomes.
Still, I feel we do need another midfielder. A quality player to take Gomes' spot.

A workhorse. :tea:

FCBfan22

Just went through the news. It seems that Aouar gave an interview a week ago, where he said that he is flattered with the fact that Barca and Liverpool are scouting him. He was praising Don left, right and center.

Now, a week later, Iniesta has decided to move on and it seems that we already made contact with Lyon about a possible transfer in the summer.

Umtiti, Digne, Dembele, Griezmann, Aouar. French galore.

FCBfan22

Aouar seems to be a real deal. Very young but plenty of trust in such a big club. Not saying he won't fail, but Lyon players usually do very well. Umtiti, Tolisso, not going far in the past.
We'd also have Roberto on the right. Would be well covered and able to offload Denis, Rafinha and Gomes.
Still, I feel we do need another midfielder. A quality player to take Gomes' spot.

We have Oriol and Samper for that. Should be all right.

Joan

Just went through the news. It seems that Aouar gave an interview a week ago, where he said that he is flattered with the fact that Barca and Liverpool are scouting him. He was praising Don left, right and center.

Now, a week later, Iniesta has decided to move on and it seems that we already made contact with Lyon about a possible transfer in the summer.

Umtiti, Digne, Dembele, Griezmann, Aouar. French galore.

Have to admit, would be a great job by the board.
All of a sudden, we'd have a strong team full of youth talents.

Imagine if all of them turn out to be good. :D

aaron101

Is he leaving for free? If yes, wouldn't it be better to sell him to his desired team in China so we can at least get money and spend maybe half of it for another midfielder? I'm pretty sure these Chinese team would pay high for Iniesta.

Messi983

We have Busi, Raki, Cou and Paulinho. Arthur is coming, Alena will be promoted and you want Roberto to play in midfield. That's already 7 players. And then you also want Aouar and another workhorse. 9 players for 3 positions is just too much. Giving enough minutes to Alena and Arthur (even if he comes in summer) so they can develop properly will already be tough but integrating 3 or 4 new (young) midfielders in one season is almost impossible.

BBZ8800

Arthur will be 22, Alena 21, Aouar 20 next season. Lol.

I predict a toooooon of playing time for Pualinho, Gomes and Rakitic and peanuts for these kids.

If Iniesta is leaving, I don't believe that we will sell another semi-experienced player (Gomes) and buy just a bunch of kids.
Once again, we are Fc Barcelona and not Fc Arsenal.

We are actually trying to win trophies on a field.
And not to win a trophy for a team with the shiniest young team, which has a lot of potential... on a paper.

** Oh, I forgot Frenkie De Jong also :lol:

denn

Arthur will be 22, Alena 21, Aouar 20 next season. Lol.

I predict a toooooon of playing time for Pualinho, Gomes and Rakitic and peanuts for these kids.

If Iniesta is leaving, I don't believe that we will sell another semi-experienced player (Gomes) and buy just a bunch of kids.
Once again, we are Fc Barcelona and not Fc Arsenal.

We are actually trying to win trophies on a field.
And not to win a trophy for a team with the shiniest young team, which has a lot of potential... on a paper.

** Oh, I forgot Frenkie De Jong also :lol:

Yeah...

Gomes is here for 2 years and I can't think his 2 good games. I'll take Alena and give him a chance instead.

You are acting like Gomes is helping this team winning trophies. He's important like fuckin Digne ffs.

Home of Barca Fans