Andres Iniesta

JamDav1982

Still one of the best midfields around. Could easily have kept him one more season as sub and used him to rotate

He decided to leave and knew he was not the player he used to be.

No chance is he still one of the best around although can still have some quality moments.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He didn't want to be a sub. That is why he left. Also probably money. He deserves some break. Why push our burdens further on him. Time to rebuild that midfield.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
It really is the end of an era.

Iniesta deserved better than to be benched, most of the chances and ideas were flowing through him and Isco throughout the tourney.

Saddens me to know I'll probably never watch Iniesta ever play again unless I catch some random Chinese game.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
But yeah, Xavi was the motor and brains behind both Pep's Barca and La Roja's 2008-12 run. They'll never be anybody like Xavi and Iniesta ever again. To think they came from La Masia is a testament to the club. I've missed Xavi and I'll certainly miss Iniesta. I just loved watching them play.

barcanuck

But yeah, Xavi was the motor and brains behind both Pep's Barca and La Roja's 2008-12 run. They'll never be anybody like Xavi and Iniesta ever again. To think they came from La Masia is a testament to the club. I've missed Xavi and I'll certainly miss Iniesta. I just loved watching them play.

Not only Xavi but Iker and Puyol held together the Real and Barca players under tons of heat. You can tell Ramos and Pique aren't really buddies and can't unite the rest.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Not only Xavi but Iker and Puyol held together the Real and Barca players under tons of heat. You can tell Ramos and Pique aren't really buddies and can't unite the rest.

That 2010 squad had real leadership and character. It was beautiful to see them unite like voltron and rule football for the 4 years they did.

Morten

Speaking of Iker, some absolute clutch saves in that world cup, i still remember that moment with Robben 1v1 as if it were yesterday, it was as if time had slowed down, looks a certain goal but somehow he gets his leg onto the ball, one of the most memorable saves i can remember. I will admit, it was more about Robben screwing up than anything else, but still, Casillas was there and saved it.
Puyol with his header against Germany was also great to watch.

Home of Barca Fans