Andres Iniesta

SeloBarca

He might also want to "help" Barcelona a bit.
The Chinese pays crazy money for players and it would be a big boost in income for Barcelona.

After Griezmann, is there any playerposition we need to strengthen that much?

RB is the first thought but the RBs in other clubs are not great either.

FCBfan22

Well, we just declined Max Meyer, who has been offered to us.

I hope Valverde and the staff realise that we need a quality backup for Coutinho, if Iniesta leaves. Otherwise we are screwed.

Messi983

Francesc Aguillar wrote that article about us rejecting Meyer, I don't believe him much. It's possible Meyer is still in our plans and if not there are other players we're following. But it's possible we'll really use next season to integrate Alena and Arthur to the first team. Bringing another young player could be too much, it's more likely we'll buy someone in 2019.

Iniesta's wages are kinda high, would cut the wage bill tho.

I know, was just replying to [MENTION=4082]SeloBarca[/MENTION] post that Chinese pay crazy money for players which they clearly won't for Iniesta.

He will? Thats a different matter then.

But maybe its time to step down and let Coutinho take over the position he should play in

IIRC it was mentioned there is a clause in his "lifetime" contract he can leave for free when he wants but he can't join another European club (except Albacete where he started his career as a kid). Probably a protection for the club so he wouldn't go to City or Juve who were both interested in him. I doubt he'd ever go to another top level European club anyway.

BBZ8800

I am not sure why would we need his replacement.

Coutinho will play 90% of matches.
And when Coutinho won't play, we can survive a few matches with 433 Gomes/Paulinho/Alena-Rakitic-Busquets or 442 Gomes/Paulinho/Alena-Rakitic-Busquets-Dembele.

Guys who want a replacement for Iniesta, how much would you pay?
And what would you do with that player, since we have Coutinho.

FinBarcelonafan

I am not sure why would we need his replacement.

Coutinho will play 90% of matches.
And when Coutinho won't play, we can survive a few matches with 433 Gomes/Paulinho/Alena-Rakitic-Busquets or 442 Gomes/Paulinho/Alena-Rakitic-Busquets-Dembele.

Guys who want a replacement for Iniesta, how much would you pay?
And what would you do with that player, since we have Coutinho.

Coutinho rarely plays 90 minutes. At least with Liverpool he was always subbed and he has had quite many injury issues for 25 year old.

FCBfan22

Well, I'd much rather see that we sell Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Deulofeu and Marlon and with that money we buy an versatile attacking midfielder than live the whole next season praying that Coutinho doesn't get injured.

Paulinho isn't the solution at LM.

BBZ8800

Coutinho rarely plays 90 minutes. At least with Liverpool he was always subbed and he has had quite many injury issues for 25 year old.

Let me put it this way:
Before we bought Coutinho, we had only Iniesta.
And injured Rafinha and Denis The Ghost.

Iniesta rarely played 90 minutes also.
So, when Iniesta was subbed or when he didn't play=it will be the same as having Coutinho.
Remember that our coach will be EV and he likes workhorses.

So, if Coutinho won't play, he'll sub in Gomes or Paulinho.
This could be a problem for an average fan, but not for a coach though.

Not to mention that there is a chance that Alena improves till then or that Arthur turns into a real deal in 2019.
If we buy another Cm, what will we do with Alena and Arthur, since I am quite sure that we won't sell all of Denis, Rafinha, Gomes and Paulinho.
Oh, imagine if we actually return Samper from a loan.
Also, Roberto can play as a CM in some matches...

Imo, there is no need for a new Cm in this moment at all.

Joan

Doubt we'll be able to find a player better than Gomes who's willing to sit on the bench and for cheap. Not that I like Gomes...

Alena might make it, Roberto will always be an option..

gr98

I hope Valverde and the staff realise that we need a quality backup for Coutinho, if Iniesta leaves. Otherwise we are screwed.

I doubt that they'd decline Max Meyer when we can get him on a free transfer in 3 months.

BarcaJack

Think twice about China. Only after 3 games Carrasco is literally crying helplessly over the 0-13 result. I don't want our Don to suffer that.

Home of Barca Fans