Andres Iniesta

Raki13

I would say for a period of around 6 years he was untouchable in world football , easily the best midfielder i have ever seen. Like Messi its going to be a sad day when he goes as these type of players never seem to be around any more.

Kerrybai

Don't they play too rough in the PL? Refs seems to be way too lenient and technical players tend to get beaten up like the geek squad at 4 O'clock high :bash::study::bruise:

View attachment 7785

What is this based one? Techical players like David Silva control the premier league. Here is Fabregas on the Premier league and La Liga difference.

“It’s a question of space,” he said. “A Spanish-style footballer, like [David] Silva or [Mesut] Özil, if they can find two seconds to think, will see the pass because there’ll be space. … In Spain, reducing space is worked on more. In England, it’s fast, but you can find that space if you are a good player.”

Can you imagine Iniesta with more space? He would be 28 years old again.

snowy

Good point! Man China will be a walk in the park for him then ... Such a big country and tons of space! :lol:

but srsly, when you see it this light and if no risk of injury, it would've been great seeing him taking his magic to England + we'd have had access to his games, whereas his China exploits won't be easy to follow.

He's going to be a huge success over there, that's for sure.

Altomonte

He just uploaded a video of him getting subbed off against Valencia with the caption "Gracias".

Subbing him against Valencia was ok, but replacing him against Roma with Gomes was one of EV's worst decisions. Iniesta just started orchestrating some good attacks, when he was replaced; there was nobody left to feed Messi with goalscoring opportunities.

Raketa10

I hope we clinch that La Liga title ASAP so we can have our last home game dedicated exclusively to him. He needs the same farewell Xavi got when he was leaving.

Kul_z

I dont know if i want him to leave for his personal achievments or him to stay one more season. This is hard, him leaving, only busi, pique and messi left.. Such a good and sad period to be a barca fan. Cmon don andres, one more season

fergus90

I feel it's a season too early. He's pretty much gonna end up playing in 30 odd league games this season and I think he'd still be very effective to bring on in games next year or starting against weaker opposition, like Xavi in 14/15.
However he's more than earned the right to do as he pleases, an absolute legend and all time great.

Windhook

Sad day, but we all saw this coming for a long time.

Messi, Pique and Busquets are the remaining players of that legendary 2008-2011 squad.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good point! Man China will be a walk in the park for him then ... Such a big country and tons of space! :lol:

but srsly, when you see it this light and if no risk of injury, it would've been great seeing him taking his magic to England + we'd have had access to his games, whereas his China exploits won't be easy to follow.

He's going to be a huge success over there, that's for sure.

Who will be fermenting his wine though? :drunk:

Devils

Iniesta is a once in a lifetime player. If you witnessed him, consider yourself lucky. If you didn't, well too bad because you likely won't be seeing another player of his elegance in your lifetime.

Don't even care about the Copa, just dreading his announcement.

Yes it's the right time, but it is tough.

Home of Barca Fans