Andres Iniesta

aaron101

The more I think about Iniesta the more I believe this is the perfect time for him to go. He is for me one of the best midfielders of all time but I doubt he has physical capabilities to endure one more season on highest level. When you are a true legend it's for sure better to go when you are still on top than to prolong your career to the point where everybody wants you out. If I was in his boots I would probably leave after this season.

It's not like he'll play regularly next season IF he decides to stay. He would be a backup to Coutinho and maybe gets subbed in at 60th or 70th minute most of the time or just play once a week.

raskolnikov

I dont think he will go. He is way too conservative and a family man. Also his wine business. Its not easy to just pit everything on hold and move your whole family to china for years. On the other hand there is the money of course but its difficult to picture him living/playing there for a few years and being happy. I really hope he stays and retires in 2 years.

Horatio

You're welcome
I dont think he will go. He is way too conservative and a family man. Also his wine business. Its not easy to just pit everything on hold and move your whole family to china for years. On the other hand there is the money of course but its difficult to picture him living/playing there for a few years and being happy. I really hope he stays and retires in 2 years.

This is a repeat of my comment. I was convinced he would stay but since he personally named China in a statement I think he will go.

Devils

Brilliant, just brilliant.

All these new marketing hype players being pushed as the best midfielders on the planet yet still can't hold a candle to the brilliance and intelligence this guy displays in the final stages of his career.

Iniesta forever.

Sorin

Brilliant, just brilliant.

All these new marketing hype players being pushed as the best midfielders on the planet yet still can't hold a candle to the brilliance and intelligence this guy displays in the final stages of his career.

Iniesta forever.

He always looks like the best midfielder around, with Spain. The possession based game of Spain still allows him to show his best attributes. In our more conservative play he has to cover way too much defensively for his age and physique.

Still wish we'd have bought more players suited to play possession based football. It is what it is though.

JamDav1982

Always looks good for Spain in friendlies and against poorer nations but in last two tournaments as soon as they meet a top side who can match the technique of Spain and outwork him he looks exactly as does for Barca.

snowy

Busi and Rakitic are 30.
So, there is no urgent need currently for new midfielders.
In 2-3-4 years, we'll buy some 100M guy aged 25 and that's it.

wouldn't it be better to sign them up at a bargain and loan them out for a couple of years? Aouar, Havertz and De Jong (hehe) all 3 for around 18 mil sounds much better than Arda, Paco & Paulinho, established older players, at 105 mil. Aouar is my fav but the 3 of them are skilled, technical players, super confident, and with the vision, finesse and ability to bring the ball forward for Messi to score. What's not to like?

as for magic Don, we'll know in a month. I've a feeling he'll prolong for another year. Would be nice to see him match Xavi's 17 + it would be another year to ready his eventual 3 year sting in China. Biggest wine importer in the world. Gambei! :cheers:

El Flaco

http://cadenaser.com/programa/2018/03/21/el_larguero/1521662216_294485.html

Credits to Barcacentre for the translated quotes.

- Andrés Iniesta: "Many things happen in my head, some with more force than others."

- Iniesta: "There are a few weeks left until I make the decision. It will be one of the most important decisions of my career."

- Iniesta: "I'm at the club of my life."

- Iniesta: "If I decide to leave, it's because I won't be able to give 100% to the team."

- Iniesta: "I believe this World Cup could be my last appearances with Spain."

- Iniesta: "From the first day, Valverde supported me and showed confidence in my abilities, so I think he'll be delighted if I decide to continue. He will be one of the first people to know my decision."

- Iniesta: "We have recovered our balance in attack and defense that we lost."

- Iniesta: "Hopefully my farewell with Spain will be the World Cup final."

- Iniesta: "Puyol won a treble. In Xavi's last season, he won a treble, and now... it would be a magical moment if I win a treble."

- Iniesta: "Great players are always welcome at Barça. Of course I would sign Griezmann. He's a great player and striker. We'll see what happens."

- Iniesta: "Would you be surprised to see Neymar as a Real Madrid player? Honestly? I'm uninterested. My mind isn't on that."

- Iniesta: "If he [Cristiano] believes he's the best, it's fine with me. Although, I do disagree with him."

henias

Our gritty defensive style is simply not suited for him it's stifling, always looks so much better in Spain. Same with Busquets. Finished? Dont think so. Still has at least a year or so. Really dont want him to leave.

Home of Barca Fans