Andres Iniesta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would go if I were him, he would leave us at the age of 34 as a starter. If we win CL it shouldn't be a question
will always hurt to see him out,him and Messi are the last players standing from the pre-pep era. But it will be time to move on for everyone if he did it.

If we win the CL it would make sense for him to leave. He'll leave on a high like Xavi did. He can obviously stay another season and retire having only played for Barcelona, but 35m is very difficult to turn down.

It's an insane amount of money where the conditions are that he can choose which away games to play. He'll basically play all homes games and pick and choose which away games he'll want to be a part of. That's a crazy good offer.

He'll obviously have a chance to earn money after he retires too if he want, but I don't see Iniesta becoming an analyst or perhaps even a coach. One season would settle him and his family for life even if he made some bad business decisions that have cost him money.

One more season might be most ideal from the club's point of view, where he takes a backseat to Coutinho like Xavi did. It'll depend on how the season end I think.

Last edited:

RIZALDINHO

i want iniesta to stay because he is one of the best players in football ever but if he does leave i hope he leaves on a high by winning the treble because he desevers it after all he has does for the club.

vlad

He is not finished yet, this season he is the best player after messi, 1 more season at least.

You go to china when you cant play on high level anymore.

Next season without iniesta, barca will be weaker

Alik

Coutinho is not yet integrated into the team.

Iniesta needs to stay next season to smoothen the transition.

Xavi role next season would be perfect.

xXKonan

Wasn't great today and looked gassed.

With his age it's expected but Valverde hasn't been doing him much favors and keeps playing him so much in a short span of time.

BBZ8800

I have a feeling that we will reach the lowest point of our season in late February and March when we will be both physically and mentally drained due to 20 matches in January and February (and not rotating players).
Then we'll regain our form in April or May, as always (when it is usually too late for a CL).

The question is: whether we will survive against Chelsea with a dead tired team?

Iniesta was semi dead today.
Rakitic and Busi are on a verge of dying also.

We will have to rely on Messi and Suarez against Chelsea.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I have a feeling that we will reach the lowest point of our season in late February and March when we will be both physically and mentally drained due to 20 matches in January and February (and not rotating players).
Then we'll regain our form in April or May, as always (when it is usually too late for a CL).

The question is: whether we will survive against Chelsea with a dead tired team?

Iniesta was semi dead today.
Rakitic and Busi are on a verge of dying also.

We will have to rely on Messi and Suarez against Chelsea.

Me too. Valverde is driving Barca to early grave. We should have given up at least one competition. (cdr) so our old players can finish this season on giood form and not collapse middle of the season like last two..

xXKonan

It's not good for the team and himself that he plays while he's totally ragged.

He has games where he looked fresh and great, but if he's played to much in a row you get games like today where he looked nowhere near ready to handle Eibars Midfield and pressing. Make matters worse the CL is on Tuesday and he looks gassed.

We spent a lot of money on Coutinho and one of main reasons to so is the ability to rotate Iniesta and keep him rested for him to have the energy and to avoid Muscle injuries. But instead Valverde thought it was a brilliant idea to overplay Iniesta despite Coutinho being fit and ready to go towards the end of January.

Altomonte

the verdict will come against Chelsea.
I think it was a terrible idea to play Iniesta for 60 minutes when Coutinho was ready to go. Coutinho was co-creator of 2nd goal and had an 'almost assist' missed by Messi who had a bad "finishing day". Played better than Iniesta today

kilian

What fatigue are you talking about BBZ?
They had a week of rest, it's more than enough time to recuperate. Especially Iniesta, who played 30 minutes a week ago and 60 minutes today. He's a pro athlete with years of training, not a 60-year old hiker.
He was simply shit today, along with the rest of the team. Fatigue doesn't have anything to do with it. You can't even blame the mental fatigue, because they had a week to reset.

If this is our top level, then they should be ashamed of themselves, from the coach to the last player. A billion euro squad getting dominated by a mediocre side like Eibar, even couldn't dominate the pitch against 10 men. We looked pathetic.

Home of Barca Fans