Page 888 of 945 FirstFirst ... 388788838878886887888889890898938 ... LastLast
Results 13,306 to 13,320 of 14162

Thread: 8 - Andres Iniesta

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    That could be it too. We averaged approx. 2.9 goals in the league last season and avg. 2.7 goals right now. We're having more stability, but I wonder if we'll need more attacking firepower in the CL. I don't think Messi creating and getting pushed deeper and Suarez being the only finisher will be enough. Almost every team that have won in the last 8 years have had at least three creative/goalscoring forces.
    Atletico was 1 minute and a penalty shoot-out away from winning 2 CL in 3 years and they knocked out teams like Barca and Bayern in the last years.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    Atletico was 1 minute and a penalty shoot-out away from winning 2 CL in 3 years and they knocked out teams like Barca and Bayern in the last years.
    Yes, and it's also why I said almost.

Atletico's defensive system those years were at historic levels. Barca are not that and will never play like that either. Apples and oranges.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Yes, and it's also why I said almost.

Atletico's defensive system those years were at historic levels. Barca are not that and will never play like that either. Apples and oranges.
    We don't play like that but our defensive record is definitely not worse.

After 22 matches atletico conceded 14 goals in the league in 2014 and 10 in 2016 and 3 goals in the group stage in CL both in 2014 and 2016. After 22 matches we conceded 11 goals in the league and 1 goal in the group stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest him vs Getafe perfect opportunity for it. Start Coutinho Busi Raki And Paulinho Sub in Dembele if fit enough in second half.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iniesta first match as a starter should be on Stamford Bridge, period!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC B View Post
    Iniesta first match as a starter should be on Stamford Bridge, period!
    True that.

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have stats but I think Iniesta is not playing more safe than usual. I recall plenty of forward passes in every game. Mostly through balls on the wing to Alba or short passes to Suarez. Also his trademark lob over the last line of defense here and there.
    For me he is more of a ball carrier anyway. Bringing the ball up the pitch with dribbling through close spaces and giving the whole team the opportunity to advance. Apart from that he tries quick passes to move the ball around.

What I really miss is more of La Croqueta. His signature move, probably my favorite move and the one I personally use the most too.
    Looking at his whole season so far he is playing amazing (as always).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iniesta has captain's armband on his jersey. Please Valverde, for the love of God, don't start him today.

Coutinho will do fine as a LM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Having the captain's armband on his jersey in the locker room doesn't necessarily mean he's going to start. Messi had the armband on his shirt prior to Juve away and he ended up benched for that match.
    Yup, that's true sometimes. Considering that the match is at home, the jerseys could be there since yesterday. Bust still, pls don't start Iniesta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been pretty good lately, but I feel like his passing has been a bit poor/slow in comparison to his usual greatness. I think it may be because he has played so much and has tired legs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Androutsos View Post
    He has been pretty good lately, but I feel like his passing has been a bit poor/slow in comparison to his usual greatness. I think it may be because he has played so much and has tired legs.
    He's looks tired for sure. Still not getting enough rest the past 4 games and for Eibar, I'm not even sure he will be rested the full game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iniesta hesitates to go to China he received a mega-offer for this summer with a salary of 35m € per season the Club will let him decide his future the player hesitates because he is a key element for Valverde

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i was him i'd stay at least one more season.He still makes millions here.
    The official Barcaforum 2016/17 MotM thread

"At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you.[...]His name is Leo Messi.[...]I want you to give him one piece of advice.

Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi."

Ronaldinho Gaucho,to his 8 year old self

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to stay at least one more season, yes, we can't rely on Coutinho or new players so soon - he can still top-perform in important matches for at least a season more. He also puts important balance to the dressing room.

A season like Xavis last, next season, and he can go (with a treble in hand ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    He needs to stay at least one more season, yes, we can't rely on Coutinho or new players so soon - he can still top-perform in important matches for at least a season more. He also puts important balance to the dressing room.

A season like Xavis last, next season, and he can go (with a treble in hand ).
    Xavi way out. I love it! Xavi was so crucial in his last season with us, he could just calm down the game if needed. Perfect supersub.