Results 14,131 to 14,134 of 14134

Thread: 8 - Andres Iniesta

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    My own memories of Tokyo are probably as impressionistic as yours, but I remember being very surprised at how clean it was--especially in comparison to i.e. New York, Toronto, Washington, Montreal.

I wasn't there for long though so my view is just that--an impression.
    I think it was because we went with different preconceptions. The first time I went to Japan was 1990 when I was 14 years old and I thought it was squeaky clean. Last time it was a couple of years ago and before I went, I thought it was going to be very clean again but to my surprise it was not that clean. Certainly it is probably cleaner than many American cities. I found Canadian cities pretty clean by the way (Toronto, Quebec City etc.).
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I think it was because we went with different preconceptions. The first time I went to Japan was 1990 when I was 14 years old and I thought it was squeaky clean. Last time it was a couple of years ago and before I went, I thought it was going to be very clean again but to my surprise it was not that clean. Certainly it is probably cleaner than many American cities. I found Canadian cities pretty clean by the way (Toronto, Quebec City etc.).
    Fair enough--I've only been to Tokyo once and you are probably right that the city shone more in 1990 than today. That said it is indeed much cleaner than basically all major North American cities I've been to (I'm in Canada so about North America I can speak more confidently). It's interesting you mention Toronto because out of Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City it is definitely the 'grimiest'. Of course much depends on which areas of the city you visit. Quebec City is very well taken care of ... one of my favourite cities in fact!

I was also in Tokyo right after passing through Thailand and China so, to be sure, Japan was comparatively much, much cleaner and more organized.
    peptastic

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

English subititles is included in the video.