Andres Iniesta

LeeRomeno

Sorry, but I've got to disagree. Strongly.

Iniesta is a legend among legends but it'd be beyond stupid to sacrifice this rare opportunity to give B team players minutes just to chase an undefeated season that isn't actually needed. Sacrificing our future for our past is not a good idea.

jesus christ, yes, doing something that has never been done in La Liga history is actually not needed. Rather just joke around and use players who struggle in segunda. Work of genius.

God Serena

jesus christ, yes, doing something that has never been done in La Liga history is actually not needed. Rather just joke around and use players who struggle in segunda. Work of genius.

It has been done in La Liga. It's been a very long time, but it has been done.

By the start of next season us going unbeaten will matter about as much as Tito's 100 point season when Tata Martino was in charge.

henias

Yeah trying to go unbeaten resulted in getting humiliated by Roma and bottling such a huge lead.

You are right. Making history indeed.

LeeRomeno

Yeah trying to go unbeaten resulted in getting humiliated by Roma and bottling such a huge lead.

You are right. Making history indeed.

No it did not, being overconfident and not mentally there resulted in getting humiliated by Roma. Neither does it take away anyway from the achievement.

LeeRomeno

It has been done in La Liga. It's been a very long time, but it has been done.

By the start of next season us going unbeaten will matter about as much as Tito's 100 point season when Tata Martino was in charge.

Pure gold, by the start of next season us going unbeaten will not matter. Omfg, not going unbeaten would matter exactly the same. What does that have to do with anything. What mattered at the end of Titos season was our coach not being able to be with us for another season, not the case this year luckily.

henias

No it did not, being overconfident and not mentally there resulted in getting humiliated by Roma. Neither does it take away anyway from the achievement.

Yes it did. The lack of energy and the exhaustion in all fronts has resulted in this. Most people saw it coming. It doesnt take away from the achievement, but neither does it mean you can just brush away the defeat just because you are undefeated.

Wasnt Valverde overconfident and just stood by and did nothing? Or should I say crumbled under pressure.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Yes it did. The lack of energy and the exhaustion in all fronts has resulted in this. Most people saw it coming. It doesnt take away from the achievement, but neither does it mean you can just brush away the defeat just because you are undefeated.

Wasnt Valverde overconfident and just stood by and did nothing? Or should I say crumbled under pressure.

No it did not. Entire team was horrible, not a single player stood out, neither those who had been rested or those who had not. Most people saw it coming? Losing in Rome? Are you mental rofl... This was a surprise for even the biggest haters.

Who is trying to brush away anything? If you have had a year where alot of good things happened, but also something tragic, it does not mean the tragedy will be forgotten, but it should not also not mean that it is the only thing you keep talking about.
Valverde choked as bad as everyone else in that game. He froze and his subs were horrible and he did not manage to turn anything around in dressing room. Intelligent coach will learn from this and avoid the same mistake next time, we will see how intelligent he is next season.

henias

No it did not. Entire team was horrible, not a single player stood out, neither those who had been rested or those who had not. Most people saw it coming? Losing in Rome? Are you mental rofl... This was a surprise for even the biggest haters.

Who is trying to brush away anything? If you have had a year where alot of good things happened, but also something tragic, it does not mean the tragedy will be forgotten, but it should not also not mean that it is the only thing you keep talking about.
Valverde choked as bad as everyone else in that game. He froze and his subs were horrible and he did not manage to turn anything around in dressing room. Intelligent coach will learn from this and avoid the same mistake next time, we will see how intelligent he is next season.

Yes people saw it coming that we will get knocked out bad, considering how little rotations there are in preparations for the CL.

Tactics wise, we look terrible and it's no surprise no one stood out. We played too conservative and the lack of pace and energy was easy to exploit. Again, no one is being a hater, you are the one obsessed with them.

If he froze then how is he intelligent? You are a clown in the forums, defending his ass every time.

Yeah lets see how "intelligent" he is, especially with Griezmann possibly coming.

M

MessiCam

I don’t get this obsession with an unbeaten season. The league is an accumulation of points and not going undefeated. There are teams that have lost but that have accumulated more points over the same period.

18 points dropped is the equivalent of 6 losses/3 draws and 4 losses/6 draws and 2 losses.

henias

I don’t get this obsession with an unbeaten season. The league is an accumulation of points and not going undefeated. There are teams that have lost but that have accumulated more points over the same period.

18 points dropped is the equivalent of 6 losses/3 draws and 4 losses/6 draws and 2 losses.

Exactly. Having 10 draws in a row is still very much worse than 5 wins and 5 losses.

I really dont mind losing one game, chasing the unbeaten record is just silly and unnecessary. Players should rest the league game before every CL match and be better prepared for it.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

You don't get anything for going unbeaten so it's not a goal when starting a season but when its in reach i understand that it's something the club wants to achieve. It's a rare opportunity and definitely something special.

That being sad its obviously stupid to throw CL for it but tbh i don't think that was intentional and i don't think resting 2-3 players once or twice more would've made the difference vs Roma. We played that game like shit and it wasn't only about our players being tired, the way we played and Valverdes subs say everything about how we handled the situation and all that talk about about Valverde throwing it for the record made it sound like we didn't want to reach semis or that it was only because some players had to play on the weekend but imo that's not the full truth here. I believe that Valverde actually thought this was the way to go to reach semis but our players just can't handle playing like that and it all fell apart. He definitely overplayed some starters like Suarez but they always play much and i can't believe that like one start less the weekend prior the game suddenly makes the difference between beating roma and the worst CL away game i've ever seen. Imo that was fully Valverdes fault and not only because of his rotations and on top of that some of our players had a really bad day, but even that is partly on the coach.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans