Andres Iniesta

George_Costanza

Coutinho can develop into Iniesta's role. Going by our coach preference, we should aim for a versatile top box-to-box workhorse to replace Gomes and Paulinho. We missed Naby Keita's train, he would be a match made in heaven for EV tactics.

CatalinR10

What is up with this forum and the word workhorse these days

sdkwzt.jpg

FCBfan22

[tw]975802993613385728[/tw]

It seems that he made the decision now, when we have the league secured.

Anyway, we need to offload Gomes, Denis and Vidal now and get a solid attacking midfielder who can play RM and LM. While Bob can do that, I don't think that's enough, because he will probably still be in heavy rotation with Semedo at RB.

Also Rafinha and Marlon should be sold to get some finances. I'd keep Paulinho, because he has a very specific skill set.

We are good at CDM's. We have Busi, Rakitić, Bob can play there, Arthur is coming, Paulinho and also Busi Jr. should get some minutes there. In attacking midfield, we are pretty weak. Dembele, Coutinho, Bob and Alena. We should get anoter good player there.

Total-Football

if the financial offer is grandiose we can`t blame him. he gave.sweet, blood to the club, magic and euphoria to the fans.. the holy trinity is fading away, there is only one god left, we went from christianity to islam lol
now a treble- goodbye to iniesta should be the aim

Total-Football

if the financial offer is grandiose we can`t blame him. he gave.sweet, blood to the club, magic and euphoria to the fans.. the holy trinity is fading away, there is only one god left, we went from christianity to islam lol
now a treble- goodbye to iniesta should be the aim

kattanib

Amazing news. Now we can move on and invest those playing minutes on players who still have something to offer for many years.

Thank you Iniesta and wish you all the best.

Nothanks

it means we should bring back Turan so he can finally play in his real position now that this pesky player iniesta is gone. :arda:

raki

It´s a mistake by Iniesta just like it was by Xavi. Both could remain relevant.
To choose money in Qatar and China? Cringe decision.

Rafinha is doing very well in Inter as a Ofensive Midfielder. Why not?

Bring Arthur in July also. I´m sick of January signings. He needs time to settle. Alena will be promoted also.

I love Sergi Roberto in midfield also but he plays the Rakitic position.

Nothanks

if he wanted to stay relevant he wouldn't go to China but clearly that isn't his priority he wants to retire with a bank filled with money

I swear some people here, if you got offered 3x you're current wages in a less intensive job most of you guys would take it and run..
90 million after taxes in 3 years for basically just his name is going to tempt any 33 year olds.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

if he wanted to stay relevant he wouldn't go to China but clearly that isn't his priority he wants to retire with a bank filled with money

i swear some people here, if you got offered 3x you're current wages in a less intensive job most of you guys would take it and run..
90 million after taxes in 3 years for basically just his name is going to tempt any 33 year old.

I know that. I know that he probably has that offer on the table which also includes business opportunities for his winary in some form of export propositions.

But I'm looking on this thing from our club's point of view and I'm not really convinced that we can survive next season without Iniesta, unless we get a quality attacking midfielder, that can fill in for Coutinho if neccecery. Gomes and Denis won't cut it. Rafinha will be sold if Inter remains in top 4. Paulinho is not the right type of player. So, we basically only have Cou there, if Iniesta leaves.

Home of Barca Fans