Andres Iniesta

serghei

No surprise. You don't play a near 34 years old player thursday night, then sunday.

Valverde had one job after signing Coutinho. To keep Iniesta fresh for CL. Did it superbly well. Injured for the biggest game of the season while Coutinho can't play.

gregorrin10

No surprise. You don't play a near 34 years old player thursday night, then sunday.

Valverde had one job after signing Coutinho. To keep Iniesta fresh for CL. Did it superbly well. Injured for the biggest game of the season while Coutinho can't play.

Well said. Iniesta should've never played on the Canary Islands, i knew this might happened the moment i saw his name in the lineup on Thursday.

henias

Watch as people say our squad isnt good enough when we get knocked out of the CL. Maybe one Messi's brilliance against Chelsea, all of a sudden, Valverde is a genius. 0-0 draw, "Undefeated".

Raketa10

Cat Radio is saying he's out for 3-4 weeks.

Jesus :facepalm: it was more the metter when will this happen and not will it happen. Valverde really used him to much in the last two months.

How the hell will we play against Chelsea now, who will step up?

JamDav1982

Jesus :facepalm: it was more the metter when will this happen and not will it happen. Valverde really used him to much in the last two months.

If anything he has probably played less in last couple months I think.

henias

He ditched Denis and now Dembele. Will probably start Paulinho and Gomes and watch the disasterclass happen.

Again, Valverde will take absolutely zero blame.

JamDav1982

He ditched Denis and now Dembele. Will probably start Paulinho and Gomes and watch the disasterclass happen.

Again, Valverde will take absolutely zero blame.

Haha you act like Valverde gets blamed for nothing.

It is opposite. A lot are looking to blame him for anything going.

henias

Haha you act like Valverde gets blamed for nothing.

It is opposite. A lot are looking to blame him for anything going.

I dont blame him for everything. Just very bizarre player selection and poor player management. Other than that, I'm fine. But somehow people defending him has come up with all sorts of excuse and give the same old "Undefeated", but when things go the other way "Squad not good enough". Basically he has layers of cushions after cushions to fall on after things go wrong and gets all the praise when he doesnt fall.

JamDav1982

I dont blame him for everything. Just very bizarre player selection and poor player management. Other than that, I'm fine. But somehow people defending him has come up with all sorts of excuse and give the same old "Undefeated", but when things go the other way "Squad not good enough". Basically he has layers of cushions after cushions to fall on after things go wrong and gets all the praise when he doesnt fall.

Was not meaning you but the vast majority of talk around Valverde is to attack him for just about anything going. More so than anyone defending him or giving him praise for every victory.

This is all on Valverde. Shocking decision to play him this much.

Nope.

Windhook

I'm probably the only one here, but I don't blame Valverde for Andres injury. Such things happen in football, it has nothing to do with Las Palmas game, either. Hamstrings injuries are not related to fatigue at all, but sudden overload/contraction. Just remember how Dembele walked off in 15' or so of the Getafe match in September. Also Atletico Madrid game was the decisive match of the season, there was no way for Coutinho to start in Iniesta role, the Brazilian is still raw to such philosophy.

Raketa10

If anything he has probably played less in last couple months I think.

He played Copa and La Liga so I sincerely doubt it was less. Look in normal situation I would understand this but in a situation where you have Coutinho who can’t play in CL he could have spared him this Thursday for sure.

To be fair I believe this is the last important year of Don in Barca shirt. Next year he can only have Xavi’s last season role.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm probably the only one here, but I don't blame Valverde for Andres injury. Such things happen in football, it has nothing to do with Las Palmas game, either. Hamstrings injuries are not related to fatigue at all, but sudden overload/contraction. Just remember how Dembele walked off in 15' or so of the Getafe match in September. Also Atletico Madrid game was the decisive match of the season, there was no way for Coutinho to start in Iniesta role, the Brazilian is still raw to such philosophy.

Apparently you cannot expect people to grasp that a professional athlete doesn't get injured after 20 minutes of football because of fatigue. It's a lost cause.

Iniesta played a total of 90 minutes in the past 14 days but his harmstring couldn't take 20 minutes of football because he is 75 years old. FML.

Home of Barca Fans