Andres Iniesta

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Why not?

The side struggles without him against top sides. Rakitic should be the one sacrifices for Coutinho instead

Don’t get me wrong I would want to start him too, but he’s nearing 34. Supersub is fine with me, if anything having him 100% for UCL matches is much preferred than being overly played before these crucial knockout matches

Don’t get me wrong I would want to start him too, but he’s nearing 34. Supersub is fine with me, if anything having him 100% for UCL matches is much preferred than being overly played before these crucial knockout matches

Xavi was playing until 35

I honestly think Iniesta can play every week as long as he's subbed off in the 75th minute each game as long as Barcelona are in control.

I'm not saying he should play the full 90 each week but we don't have anyone of his caliber ready to step up yet and take over the mantle.

Dani Alves is 34 and a starter for PSG, Zlatan played every minute when fit last season for united at 35

Barcelona struggle without his creativity and tempo against top sides I hope Valverde uses him more. I'm happy though so far, Enrique looked like he was ready to sell Iniesta if he stayed one more season.

Iniesta also looks really fast to me despite his age hence why he's paying on the wing now.

Cule4life

The Culest
Why not?

The side struggles without him against top sides. Rakitic should be the one sacrifices for Coutinho instead

>Iniesta is almost 34

>Coutinho and Iniesta can't play together.

>Rakitic's defensive work is needed to maintain balance.

>Iniesta will be reserved for tough games and will be rested against easier opposition.

pregra

Hopefully this Artur dude can replace the Don next season. He is not a factor more often that not this season.

dakt

He can't play at a high level anymore, this season at least. Valverde ran him into the ground and we have no Coutinho in the CL either.

Stop with this age crap. Coutinho is younger but didn't offer nothing more. In fact was probably worse then Iniesta.
Iniesta was perfect choice for this match.

fergus90

He's been ran into the ground. He needs the reversal of the minutes he's getting. Last twenty to assert control and possession in midfield. It's almost like Valverde is star-struck that he's got Iniesta on his squad and is playing him like he's 24.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I love Iniesta, but against high lines such as these you need to play the through ball when the chance presents itself and Iniesta is unwilling to do that now. It's nothing unusual. Even Xavi turned into a more conservative player when he got older.

But you need something more fresh against such teams. You need to punish them and not let them get back in shape by playing it safe.

Nothanks

what is this running him to the ground crap, he rested 9 days before this game, does he need a month off before he can play again?
why are we paying him such wages then

Home of Barca Fans