Andres Iniesta

Windhook

I know about Messi's contract. Still... O RLY, mate? Do you believe, really, I mean really, that Messi is reluctant on signing a new contract with this club?

Iniesta's case is different, he's aged, not in his prime anymore and the way I see it it will be a farewell season like Xavi's 2014/15 in Barcelona.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know about Messi's contract. Still... O RLY, mate? Do you believe, really, I mean really, that Messi is reluctant on signing a new contract with this club?

Iniesta's case is different, he's aged, not in his prime anymore and the way I see it it will be a farewell season like Xavi's 2014/15 in Barcelona.

You said Iniesta's contract expires next season and I think he only pointed out that Messi's currently does the same.

Messi983

Do you guys remember his performance vs Madrid at Camp Nou? He played the last 30 minutes and destroyed them, looked fresh. That's the role for him next season and he will be decisive in some games.

Right now, I dont like what I am seeing. He looks tired, loses some balls he shouldnt. He is there but not decisive. And he also costs us because he doesnt run much.

For what is worth he did run more than 10 km in El Clasico.

Six Barcelona players surpassed the 10km mark in terms of distance covered, starting with their last minute marathon man Sergi Roberto, who was the only player in the game over 12km.

He was followed by teammates Ivan Rakitic and Jordi Alba (both over 11km) and then Sergio Busquets, Gerard Pique and Andres Iniesta.

But overall I agree with you. Iniesta can't be unquestionable starter anymore as I don't believe he can play 2 consecutive fulll games anymore like he did vs Juve and Madrid. If we want him to renew his contract and retire at the club then he'll have to accept that his role will be diminished. That's why he's waiting to see who new coach will be and what his plans will be with him but I believe that his love for the club will prevail at the end and he'll sign a new contract before next season.

He can still be very useful but his minutes need to be managed better than this season. Of course for that to happen we need to get a midfielder that could replace him in our best XI.

kadeng

3b75813af2350e14a3403e46e8539c3cb2f8d44e36b0a0ff450203ef80b42b2c.jpg

Kuchi

Bad news, damn...facing the riskiest game in terms of danger of loosing points.

His experience and cool under pressure would have been great here, that left side will be the mother of useless without him or Neyboy

Ripsta

Bad news, damn...facing the riskiest game in terms of danger of loosing points.

His experience and cool under pressure would have been great here, that left side will be the mother of useless without him or Neyboy

Neymar's back from suspension.

Windhook

Bad news.

I think this is the next big challenge for Barcelona. Finding the guy to replace Iniesta eventually next season (his contract runs out in 2018).

hulinat

lol iniesta was killing it in the clasico, he aint going nowhear anytime soon. Yeah and btw Messis contract is running out in 2018 too.

Windhook

lol iniesta was killing it in the clasico, he aint going nowhear anytime soon. Yeah and btw Messis contract is running out in 2018 too.

Well if the board wants to lose their greatest player in history and go back to the dark ages of Joan Gaspart, so be it.

Home of Barca Fans