Andres Iniesta

CesDel

Here is another example of Iniesta creating space at 2:18
[YOUTUBE]lJV4Qi0pG9g[/YOUTUBE]

And this at 2:17 is just magical :worthy:
[YOUTUBE]o-nSL053_qk[/YOUTUBE]

That roulette on hulk and turn on alves afterwards :worthy:
Infact the entire video is a great example of how good Iniesta is in thight spaces..

khorne

Well moving on from jiopi's unbelievably stubborn Messi-love,

Iniesta: "I'm still studying sports sciences at university. Think they're about to kick me out because it takes so long. Hard to find time."

Hmm I didn't know a player of his caliber would still be able to manage taking college courses at all. Mata did it at a younger age with more free time on his hands, but props to Iniesta for actually striving to do so unlike most footballers.

I'd say sport sciences is possible for a football player. I dunno how much they train at barca per week but generally it is said that in comparison to other sports, football players train the least and earn the most ^^ There is also the fact that being a professional athlete has a nice synergy with sport sciences, because you obviously have a lot practical experience about the things you learn, and on the other hand you learn a lot of things that can be applied to your training. Granted though, engineering or medicine would be out of the question.

I dunno about Spain, but in Austria you have football clases in sport sciences. Imagine playing against iniesta, there is a tale to brag about in the pub. "listen, i got nutmegged by iniesta, TWICE! I believe i know a little bit more about football than you, pal"

footyfan

Calma, calma
Well moving on from jiopi's unbelievably stubborn Messi-love,

If I'm being honest, I find the Iniesta love far more unbearable. The man can do no wrong in the eyes of most cules. He has reached uncriticizable status, bordering on Zidane levels because of the similar class and elegance. Going back to his defensive abilities, one of the posters said his positional intelligence and ability to anticipate development of play is second to none. Iniesta is good, but second to none? Seriously? I feel like most cules only watch Barca games and have a totally warped view of football.

Iniesta's dreadful finishing is hardly ever talked about while people cannot stop dissing Messi (of all the players, cules zone in on the one player without whom Barcelona would have won zilch for the last 2 seasons) for being lazy after every other game. Nobody realizes the amount of extra work Messi has/had to undertake to transform from a player who got injured every 6-7 months to a player who never gets injured.

“Messi had suffered a series of grave muscular injuries, especially in February and march of 2006 that kept him from the Paris CL final, but also in December of 2007 and March of 2009 […] so when Guardiola came to the first team, there was an extensive plan of prevention and health care for Messi. Food, hydration and fixed rest were joined to a thorough preventive work. Juanjo Brau became his shadow, not only in Barça but in any trip with his NT. Each day Messi works during 45 minutes before training, and 30 minutes after, moving articulations, relaxing muscular tension, and working his lower limbs. People in the dressing room stress the importance of Messi’s dedication in the taking care of his own body. What was a serious problem, had become a procedure, taking in consideration a lot of daily effort.
It is also important to note the evolutionary process as a player. What in 2005 and 2006 [Messi] was a winger who ran 90 minutes at full speed, maybe in offensive plays, or maybe in keeping track defensively, has changed -– by explicit decision from Guardiola -– to an attacker that runs lightly and even walks for a lot of minutes, placing himself in central positions as a starting point, with short length associations with Xavi and co.; and that reserves his well-known accelerations and change-of-pace dribbles a few times per game: the chosen ones. That wild, intense Messi during an hour and a half, only gives himself away on the necessary moments: he has learned to choose those moments. This measurement from the technical staff show a significant decrease in explosive physical efforts that the player does per game. As a result, his muscular fatigue has been limited exponentially and now he is capable of facing 60 games per season, with reduced injury risk, contrary to the situation 5 years ago. As a matter of fact, and in the merging of trauma injuries and knocks in the game, only an overload in the “recto interno” in August of 2009 and an elongation in the “abductor” on November of the same year, has been accounted as muscular injuries for Messi, in these 3 and a half seasons with Guardiola.”
Martì Perarnau, published in Sport 25-II-2012

Add to that, apparently it's again Messi's fault that a few of our wingers are terrible finishers. Sure, there are tactical issues (*he's instructed to walk*) but to pin blame of our forward woes on him is :facepalm:

A week ago, I saw a few popular posts on twitter that said that with a *bit* better finishing, Iniesta would be *by far* the greatest player of all time. Just :facepalm:

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 4 h
Iniesta: "Fame doesn't change you, you just show your true self. I don't feel better or worse, or different, than others." [kalise]

Iniesta: "The first times you see kids with your name on the shirt, it's a very nice feeling, especially because I've had shirts of others."

CesDel

Iniesta's dreadful finish isn't really that talked about seeing as it is universally accepted and there can't be any discussion if everyone agrees about it.

And I don't agree with you on that Iniesta fans are worse, seeing as atleast they can accept Iniesta's weaknesses(i.e inconsistent, bad finisher etc) while some Messi fans seems to think that even just the thought to criticize Messi is sacrilege..

Regarding twitter, you can find even more ridiculous post about Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo on there..

Last edited:
I

instinct

Iniesta: "Sometimes people confuse me with someone else. One day, in a bar, someone asked me for a drink thinking I was a waiter." [kalise]

Oh, Don! :worthy: He would be an awesome waiter. :D

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Iniesta's dreadful finish isn't really that talked about seeing as it is universally accepted and there can't be any discussion if everyone agrees about it.

And I don't agree with you on that Iniesta fans are worse, seeing as atleast they can accept Iniesta's weaknesses(i.e inconsistent, bad finisher etc) while some Messi fans seems to think that even just the thought to criticize Messi is sacrilege..

Regarding twitter, you can find even more ridiculous post about Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo on there..

Iniesta is the most consistent player in the Barca and Spain teams for me, although I have to agree on the finishing part his shots are horrible at times and it's something he really should improve on even at his age.

CesDel

I do agree that last season he was our most consistent player, but generally speaking he is very inconsistent.

barcanuck

His scoring is inconsistent but we're all happy if he scores 10 big goals a year. It's the intangibles that make him so elite.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If I'm being honest, I find the Iniesta love far more unbearable. The man can do no wrong in the eyes of most cules. He has reached uncriticizable status, bordering on Zidane levels because of the similar class and elegance. Going back to his defensive abilities, one of the posters said his positional intelligence and ability to anticipate development of play is second to none. Iniesta is good, but second to none? Seriously? I feel like most cules only watch Barca games and have a totally warped view of football.

Iniesta's dreadful finishing is hardly ever talked about while people cannot stop dissing Messi (of all the players, cules zone in on the one player without whom Barcelona would have won zilch for the last 2 seasons) for being lazy after every other game. Nobody realizes the amount of extra work Messi has/had to undertake to transform from a player who got injured every 6-7 months to a player who never gets injured.

Add to that, apparently it's again Messi's fault that a few of our wingers are terrible finishers. Sure, there are tactical issues (*he's instructed to walk*) but to pin blame of our forward woes on him is :facepalm:

A week ago, I saw a few popular posts on twitter that said that with a *bit* better finishing, Iniesta would be *by far* the greatest player of all time. Just :facepalm:

Iniesta's a flawed player in some ways and obviously not better than Messi, but to say Messi is undeniably better in every single way because of statistical proof over game-specific performance isn't right. I'm never going to bash Messi to praise Iniesta and vice versa. They're two brilliant players with different roles yet I don't understand why some people want Messi dominating over him just because he's Messi. He's the best but he can't do everything better than everyone else. Same likewise with some over the top Iniesta lovers who undermine Messi and say he's nothing without Iniesta just to seem like hipsters who don't support the true best player.

Home of Barca Fans