Andres Iniesta

footyfan

Calma, calma
So footyfan? Do you agree now that Messi creates also space better with his dribbling?

No, not really but I think he can handle aggressive markers better than Iniesta. I don't care how Iniesta plays for Spain, his role is different to the one in Barca.

Creating spaces for teammates to keep possession with the least risky dribbles is something Iniesta is still better at.

I'm just gonna put it out there though that I haven't seen Messi play in 3+ months, so my memory may be biased by current events.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Guys Messi is definetely a better dribbler. He's got an incredible amount of body feints, I don't know any players who can dribble the opponent just with one move.

Elite-BkD

Come back when you find those examples.

Yeah, I'd have wanted to ignore much of that post also.

I've an opinion, based on every Barca match the past 4-5 years, and that is backed up by stats. Much better opinion than looking 9 second clip from youtube and making a revelation based on it, I think.

Oh hey there. Anyways, if you really want some examples..

Elite-BkD

..and since I wasn't done and there's a cap at three videos:

Let me know if you need any explanations or further footage.

Ghost

Pointless debate. Both players play for us.

I personally think Messi is slightly better at dribbling, but some disagree and think Iniesta is. WHO CARES? No one will manage to convince the other he's wrong anyway.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I really don't understand what you're saying, can you post examples how Iniesta creates more space?

It's not really something you find individual examples of, just watch his overall gameplay and you'll see it happen. Obviously there are incidences where Messi draws in up to 4-5 defenders but Iniesta's style is different, constantly forcing them to move in/out of position so that eventually we'll find a way in. Messi's style is quicker and more dynamic, but Iniesta's is more elongated and effects overall buildup.

CesDel

Messi's pace and strenght/balance makes him a better all around dribbler but that doesn't mean that he is best at every type of dribblers. For example I think that Iniesta is a better dribbler in thight spaces..

Edit: Donandres isn't this creating space with his dribbling?
[YOUTUBE]Ki8UOV26baw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

SeloBarca

I think Iniesta is better at switching direction more then 90 degrees, i just love those turns he can make, like in CesDels video that completly removes 2-3 players in a second.
Messi is better in movement, and he has an eye for pushing the ball away at the exact moment the defender tries to take it.
Both are birilliant.

I know what you mean. To me it seems a lot of people perceive dribbling through players and just outrunning players as the same thing. Most of the time Messi just runs with the ball and leaves players behind. Or he keeps the ball very close to his feet and manages to run through them without losing it. That's great, too. But when it comes to using ball control and skills to outplay opposing players and advance further, I'd put my money on Iniesta 8/10 times. Maybe it's just based on recent observation, I don't know...

Finally someone who sees the way I see! :p

J

jiopi

No, not really but I think he can handle aggressive markers better than Iniesta. I don't care how Iniesta plays for Spain, his role is different to the one in Barca.

Creating spaces for teammates to keep possession with the least risky dribbles is something Iniesta is still better at.

I'm just gonna put it out there though that I haven't seen Messi play in 3+ months, so my memory may be biased by current events.
Can you show me examples of this space created, because in my collective memory Iniesta's dribbling isn't creating any space when uneffective, like dribbling into a corner example.

J

jiopi

Yeah, I'd have wanted to ignore much of that post also.
I like to tackle one point at the time, so that the discussions stays on point.

Oh hey there. Anyways, if you really want some examples..
Thanks for proving my point, those dribbles don't create the same amount of space as the previous examples, in the last defense hardly even changes formation. And I can show countless of plays like that from Messi.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans