Copa Sudamerica

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I know South American league football isn't exactly popular around here, but it's been an interesting Copa Sudamerica (basically the CONMEBOL version of the Europa but with more interlaping between it and the Libertadores)

LDU Quito, the first Ecuadorian winner of the Libertadores in 2008 are on the verge of winning it after kicking Fluminese's ass 5-1 in the first leg. It's like a repeat of the Libertadores final, except more one sided thanks to the return of ex-PSV winger Edison Mendez, who scored a hat trick. They won the first leg of the Libertadores against Flu 4-2 before winning it on penalties in the Maracana.

Good stuff and once again I'm rooting for LDU.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
wth flu... they been in the bottom of brasil all season and now all the sudden they are winning every game in the league... they just can not ever beat LDU.....

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I was hoping Flu would be relegated TBH to make me feel better about the situation at Vasco. :p

It looks like LDU has quickly become their bogey team.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
one of my best friend called ricardo loves flu so i do was secretly hoping they would go down so ponte preta (2nd div also) would play them by some miracle it seems flu will stay up poor vasco haha

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I know South American league football isn't exactly popular around here, but it's been an interesting Copa Sudamerica (basically the CONMEBOL version of the Europa but with more interlaping between it and the Libertadores)

LDU Quito, the first Ecuadorian winner of the Libertadores in 2008 are on the verge of winning it after kicking Fluminese's ass 5-1 in the first leg. It's like a repeat of the Libertadores final, except more one sided thanks to the return of ex-PSV winger Edison Mendez, who scored a hat trick. They won the first leg of the Libertadores against Flu 4-2 before winning it on penalties in the Maracana.

Good stuff and once again I'm rooting for LDU.

but why?!

I wasn't impressed the few times I watched them (libertadores final, club world cup).

although if they've added a tricky attacker that would improve them.

even if it is kinda cheating with the altitude n' all. :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
but why?!

I wasn't impressed the few times I watched them (libertadores final, club world cup).

although if they've added a tricky attacker that would improve them.

even if it is kinda cheating with the altitude n' all. :D

They are efficient more than anything else, they take advantge of Quito's altitude and still are dangerous in away games. Like always they lost half their team after winning the Libertadoes but look as good, if not better this year. They demolished Lanus, Uruguay's River Plate and Flu at home while they fight on the road.

Do they have a home field advantage? Yes, but so does every club in South America.

Ecuador doesn't produce the most skilled players in the world but I'm happy with their success over the past few years. Shame they didn't make the World Cup but Uruguay deserved it more.

Home of Barca Fans