Iker Casillas

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One of the rare Madrid players that I really admire. If it hadn`t been for him we would have probably scored 4

Evil

Shabazz
I am so happy right now and my heart is full of love for this great club, but I must admit Iker is a really special keeper. World class penalty save, and made a zillion other from Eto, Messi, and Henry.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Had the scoreline ended 0-0 which was the most likely result in the dying mins of the match, the world would have been talking about him as a saviour and the world's best keeper.

Im just glad we broke Madrid's stubborn back(10)defence-line!

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Over the past two days the IFFHS named their World’s Best Goalkeeper and the award was won by Real Madrid`s Iker Casillas.

1. Iker Casillas (Real Madrid/España) 249 puntos.
2. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus/Italia) 170.
3. Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United/Holanda) 143.
4. Petr Cech (Chelsea/República Checa) 108.
5. Igor Akinfeev (CSKA Moscú/Rusia) 23.
6. José Francisco Cevallos (LDU de Quito/Ecuador) 21.
7. Julio César (Inter de Milán/Brasil) 18.
8. José Manuel Reina (Liverpool/España) 15.
9. Jens Lehmann (Stuttgart/Alemania) 13.
10. Justo Villar (Valladolid Deportivo/Paraguay) 12.
11. Rogério Ceni (Sao Paulo/Brasil) 10.
+. Francisco Guillermo Ochoa (América de México/México) 10.
13. René Adler (Bayer Leverkusen/Alemania) 9.
14. Roberto Abbondanzieri (Getafe/Argentina) 7.
15. Bradley Howard Friedel (Aston Villa/Estados Unidos) 5.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A deserved win for Casillas. He won the league with Madrid + the European championships title with Spain.
But more than just winning them, he was probably the best Madrid player last season, saving their asses almost every week.
A great goalkeeper (although some would say his aerial ability stinks) and one of the rare Madrid players I admire.

maz

I walk the line
You gotta start feeling sorry for vv. Not even in a top 15 list which includes jens lehmann at 9th! Doesnt get a look in in the NT, is always accused of being the weak link of the fcb team..its crazy.

maz

I walk the line
Bojan said:
A deserved win for Casillas. He won the league with Madrid + the European championships title with Spain.
But more than just winning them, he was probably the best Madrid player last season, saving their asses almost every week.
A great goalkeeper (although some would say his aerial ability stinks) and one of the rare Madrid players I admire.
His aerial ability got better towards the back end of last season. Recently he has dropped form and become poor at many things (including high balls)..but he is definitely adding some sort of aerial presence to his repertoire. Maybe not aerial presence..but definitely good decision making when it comes to high balls.

nebeer

Love is All
I truly admire and respect Casillas. I think he is the best keeper in the game today. Though Cesar is doing really good these days. Still Iker is exceptional. His performances in Euro was phenomenal as well.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Madrid lets him down, like yesterday's (4-0) for instance. If it wasn't for him scoreline would have been at least 7-0.

Home of Barca Fans