Phillip Cocu

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I continue my quest to fix the lack of topics in this section (I mean seriously, clowns like Oleguer and Riquelme get topics but not Cocu or Kluivert?) by turning to the foreign player with the most appearances in club history, the one and only Cocu (1998-2004).
1187204440_cocu.jpg

Phillip John William Cocu
Midfielder
Born 29 October 1970 in Eindhoven
Played for: AZ, Vitesse, PSV, Barcelona, Al-Jazira

One of my all time favourite Barcelona players, Cocu was a great team player who was willing and able to play virtually any position, much like Lucho, though Cocu was a more defense-orientated player who was best in a deep lying playmaker role. He arrived at the club along with many other Dutch players during the Van Gaal era but was the most successful of any of them, only appearing in less than 30 league games once during his time at the club.

He is currently assistant manager of PSV.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cocu was also a Barca captain at one point of his Barca career and held the record in appearances as a foreign player. 292 all in all.

Scott

Assistant coach from Holland and PSV. His last 3 seasons at PSV were good. I'm not quite sure, but he scored in those 3 years allways the first and last goal of the competition for psv :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Assistant coach from Holland and PSV. His last 3 seasons at PSV were good. I'm not quite sure, but he scored in those 3 years allways the first and last goal of the competition for psv :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Yeah, he was a god at PSV, scoring vital goals from time to time. By the way, Scott, do you support PSV too?

Scott

Nope i dont support PSV. Im support Barça and in Holland my preference goes to FC Utrecht. But i dont give a f*ck when they lose or win.. :beer2:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
One of my favourite players as I started to like Barca. A legend of this club, and he was still excellent at PSV after he left as well.

Home of Barca Fans